Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

voice-activated remote control for TV

My brother-in-law is a quadriplegic. We need an advanced voice controlled remote control for the television. Anyone have suggestions?

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 4:48 PM

6 replies

Nov 26, 2012 10:52 PM in response to DisAbleHelp

i am a quadriplegic too. hey apple guy if you are capable, how can you tell her to have patiance? arent you obligated under the ada act to put those things through?

anyway, i have the same sort of issues op. through personal searching i suggest:

'voice me voice activated remote control'

google it. it sorta looks like a space ship.

you might find much more additional use fr it.

im buying it just to trrigger a remote control to activate siri because apple has no external way. the voice me is cappable of supporting many other device remotes simultaneously tho, so im excited to see just what it can do.

Sep 23, 2013 1:24 PM in response to redrum760

Hi

I am also quadriplegic and I am looking for a good voice activated remote control. Have you sourced one that you would recommend? Did you try the Hotec Voice Me remote? The demo on youtube looked quite good,but the UK supplier doesn't seem to be operational. There are a couple of comments from one very unhappy customer who ordered a voice remote and the money was taken out of his account, but he doesn't ever seem to have received the unit.

I would appreciate any advice based on your experience.

Regards

Eugene

voice-activated remote control for TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.