Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail won't save rules

I've upgraded to Mountain Lion and now all my mail.app rules are missing. Worse, I can add a new rule, close and then reopen the app, and the newly created rule is gone. Any ideas?

Mark Allison

OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 7:21 AM

10 replies

Nov 17, 2012 9:40 AM in response to Mark Allison

Hi Mark and others,

I may have a solution to your problem as the following fix worked for me.

--

Close Mail.

Go to… System Preferences > iCloud…

Uncheck "Documents & Data".

Open Mail and create a new rule. Quit Mail and re-open to confirm you new rule is still there.

You can then turn "Documents & Data" back on.

--

Everything seems to be working for me correctly since I did this.

Hope this helps,

∞ matt

Feb 20, 2014 3:09 AM in response to mattlurkentvrdik

Hello all of you, and especially to those who found this old thread through a search, like I did.

I could finally get rid of the problem by deleting everything in "~/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~mail/Data/MailData/". From what I see this should be done while "Documents & Data" is turrned ON, because otherwise your changes will be overwritten when you turn it on again. When deleting the Files in Finder I received a warning that they would be removed from all other iCloud clients as well.

Siedenote: I had no rules, signatures or smart mailboxes to lose in this case, but if you do, I suggest saving those files somewhere so you might be able to avoid having to set them up again.

Florian

Mail won't save rules

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.