Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone disabled connect to iTunes

i have connected my phone to the computer and nothing. phone still reads disabled connect to iTunes. frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 4

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2017 1:39 PM

On my iPhone 5 screen all there is "iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes". I tried connecting to iTunes but on iTunes it says cannot connect to your iPhone because it is not unlocked. Someone please help!! :/

99 replies

Dec 26, 2012 10:41 AM in response to NYC JaTT

Well my daughter locked up phone pretty good! "Disabled Connect to Itunes" so I did but it was only giving me the option to restore. I tried right clicking and then backing up and it still did not let me enter the password. Then I decided to see if it would let me Sync it, WOOHOO it worked. All my text messages starting coming in and it was allowing me to re-enter my password. So your hint did help some, it certainly got me on the right path. Thank you!

Jul 12, 2017 7:44 AM in response to dfmcallister

I just had this problem. There is no chance to recover anything which you didn't back up on itunes. Today 12th of July 2017 i contacted apple customer service. The only way to use my iphone again is first to erase all its content. So your finger prints as password before can't even help to disable the phone. So for mothers who might have small kids playing their iphone, be careful. You might locked out and never have the chance until today to access your data specially photos if you had your iphone in flight mode. No iclouds back up for it either. I hope Apple should improve in this case if it is really the owner who was locked out anyway.

Dec 7, 2017 11:41 AM in response to Eneidhart75

I know it’s pretty awful to have to wipe your phone if you don’t have a iCloud backup... in order to avoid this type of situation next time there is a setting that you can change so that it won’t wipe your phone after 10 failed attempts. If you go into settings > Touch ID and passcode > scroll to the very bottom you’ll see “erase data”, next to it has a button you can switch on/off... if you switch it off (should be gray if off) it will not erase if the passcode is entered incorrectly too many times. It would still be helpfull to have your phone backup automatically every night because even with that setting switched off there are still situations where you would have to restore your phone or maybe need to use the backup like if your phone breaks or you lose it and you have to get a new one.

Mar 3, 2013 3:42 PM in response to dfmcallister

My wife had this same problem and had to do a restore however she never synced to itunes and would've lost all her 300+ pics. Called Apple tech for suggestions and they said there is absolutely nothing you can do to recover the pics before a restore. Well DEAD WRONG......enter your phone in recovery mode while connected to a pc. Then go to computer and depending on what Windows program, mine said Photo Stream, and I was able to drag and drop all the pics onto my pc. Not sure if it would do the same with a mac. Hope this helps others with the same issue.

iPhone disabled connect to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.