Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay mirroring says "no devices detected"

I have a mid 2012 (brand new) macbook pro. Brand new apple TV bought at the same time. Apple TV is on and connected to same network as my macbook pro. I just want to mirror my macbook to my new TV via apple TV. Airplay mirroring on macbook pro says "no devices detected" and is grayed out with no option to change or have it look again after a restart of both Macbook pro, TV and apple TV. Any help out there for this one? Mine is a macbook pro compatible with airplay and I have mountain lion.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 1:01 PM

46 replies

Jul 27, 2012 4:40 AM in response to outdoortvproducer

I have a MacBook Pro June 2011. Just got mountain lion for the Airplay feature. I have a simular issue where the icon will appear then disappear, apple tv pops up as available but can also disappear for no apparent reason. Have spoken with a supervisor from apple care yesterday for 1hr and after trying everything was told to re-install mountain lion......this took 4 hrs, tried this morning all seemed ok but as the morning has gone on I'm back to square one. I have emailed this guy back from apple stating a resolve is required, they have assured me this will be resolved I will post the out come, sounds like a glitch in the software to me?!!!

.......how can they have these issues when all i'v been reading about for the past 2 - 3 months is how great the trials have been going, they give people demo versions to iron out any floors before it's officialy released this seems like a big floor to miss?!!!.

Sep 11, 2012 1:33 PM in response to outdoortvproducer

The issue is the "Projectors" as well (VGA projectors even DVI), Now Apple is asking all Universities, Colleges and High Schools to spend millions of Dollars to replace all their Projectors so students and professors they can install Mountain lion in order to run their presentations...Apple Mail still with BBC Bug, and many other bugs are not fixed yet because their nightmare Steve Jobs who was push on them to fix these bugs is not alive, and yes they can do anything bad to destroy Apple.

Mountain Lion is CRAP same thing as LION, Apple is doing worse and worse until Samsung will create a good machines for Microsoft, then Steve Jobs will wake up from his grave asking the bad administration of Apple why they are destroying it with such CRAP!!

check this out:

http://gizmodo.com/5782611/samsung-series-9-laptop-is-thinner-lighter-and-offici ally-more-expensive-than-the-macbook-air

Jan 20, 2013 8:14 PM in response to outdoortvproducer

JIMIBEAM, I just tried that and I still cannot get the airplay to work. No devices detected. I have Apple TV model MD199LL/A. The Apple TV software is 5.1.1 (5433) The MB pro says no available updates (just purchased it 2 weeks ago). I use Netgear router. I reset the router and restarted the Mac and Apply TV.

Still no devices available.

Each device sees and uses the router. Each has a unique IP address. I'm frustrated.

Jan 21, 2013 12:29 AM in response to Jaybobnesco

The problem In my case with Airplay not working correctly was due to Internet service provider and router settings (Virgin Media). The Internet Wireless router settings had to be adjusted by Virgin to enable the AirPlay feature to function, I believe some of the changes were made to the frequency settings and the channel the router was working on, any how your Internet provider should offer advice. My Airplay has been working great since these adjustments were made 5 months ago.......

Jan 27, 2013 5:42 AM in response to Underworld27121

Thanks for keeping this thread going (although I notice there are a number of similar threads covering this topic). I have just bought an Apple TV box running v5.1 and managed to mirror my MacBook Pro. Great. Then I did something and now I cant get mirroring back - I get the greyed out 'no devices detected'. I have rebooted laptop and Apple TV box with no luck. So please keep the good advice coming!

Airplay mirroring says "no devices detected"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.