Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari "can't establish a secure connection to the server "

Per the title, Safari has started saying that it cannot establish a secure connection to the server. This occurs when I try to log in to any website.

I have reset Safari, I have turned my router off and on (I am using a WiFi connection).

I upgraded (today) to the newest software, Mountain Lion.

There is another Mac in the house (not on Mountain Lion) that works fine.

I downloaded FireFox and everything works fine.

I am using a Macbook Pro.

Fix, anyone?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 2:00 PM

8 replies

Jul 26, 2012 2:27 PM in response to CaptainSam88

I had this issue earlier today - admittedly not all websites, just some I had to log in to - eBay, etc. I removed all extensions/plug-ins - including some security software (Trusteer Rapport) that my bank passed on, and it worked. I think the Rapport may be an issue with Safari 6 and ML. I get the feeling some plug-ins/extensions are causing issues.

I re-installed the two extensions - 1Password and Adblock and been fine since.

Hope this helps.

Jul 26, 2012 4:52 PM in response to jagc69

It is the Trusteer Rapport software.

Remove it, or alternatively if you want to keep Trusteer Rapport, click on the Rapport icon to the right of the Safari URL / search field and select protect this website. Rapport is not allowing a secure connection if personal information is required. It's a security setting to prevent malware from signing on with your credentials..

Jul 28, 2012 1:00 AM in response to CaptainSam88

Hello CaptainSam88,

We would like to recommend you to download Rapport's updated version, as we suspect the problems you were experiencing have already been resolved.

You can download the latest version here:

http://download.trusteer.com/Gcur4Wtnu/leopard/Rapport.dmg

Please restart your browser after the installation completes and let us know if the problem persists.

If the problem persists, we would be very interested in fixing it.

Please note that we offer 24/7 free technical assistance.

Should you need additional assistance, feel free to contact us by submitting the following form: http://www.trusteer.com/support/submit-ticket

We also have helpful information available in our FAQ: http://www.trusteer.com/support/faq

Sincerely,

Ori Harel

Trusteer Technical Support

Sep 28, 2014 8:08 AM in response to CaptainSam88

I have the same issue :

User uploaded file

It seems to a be a problem with accessing secure sites like google???

It is intermittent works one minute then stops the next.

I have a wifi connection could that be part of the problem?

its only on my administrator account all other accounts work fine

tried other browser (chrome) - didnt work

checked all security settings and parental controls etc tried numerous solutions nothing works

even tried adding google security certificate to the keychain - didn't work

can someone please tell us how to fix this or even whats causing this I have combed the online forums and every one is guessing - no one knows!!

there must be someone who knows !

Safari "can't establish a secure connection to the server "

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.