Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes shows white screen for iPhone, allows eject only

Recently restored my phone to factory settings. Connected to iTunes. iTunes shows the device and allows to eject, however to the right there is only a white page. Already tried the following:

• reboot of both devices
  • reinstall itunes
  • connect device to different computer (same white screen)
  • reset all content and settings on iphone

I'm running out of ideas. The phone works fine - but I can't sync or restore anything! The only option when I click on the iphone icon in the sidebar is...eject!

Screenshot attached. Strange that the same screen shows up on 2 macbook pro's!User uploaded file

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 4:59 PM

12 replies

Jul 26, 2012 5:15 PM in response to NeedOptic

I have exactly the same problem - been working all night to try and fix. Similarly, I also used two computers and both showed the same thing. Just spoke to Apple and they've said they are aware of the problem but have no solutions as of yet. They should have a better idea or a fix within 24 hours.

But if anyone out there from apple or anyone with further knowledge on how to fix it could lend a helping hand, it would be very much appreciated as I need this up and running and restored from my back up again in a matter of hours!

iTunes shows white screen for iPhone, allows eject only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.