Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook Clamshell not charging battery

The iBook is a G3 Clamshell model 366Mhz Graphite. Has 192MB RAM and has OS X Tiger installed.

When plugged in and switched off the power ring lights orange. As soon as i switch it on it turns green. In OS X it has the battery icon like it is charged but if i click it it remains saying "Calculating... until full" and if i select Show > Percentage it says 0%.

If i put the iBook to sleep the power ring lights orange again.

The battery is old and most probably its original battery. I bought the iBook second hand about a year ago and the battery never worked for me.

iBook, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 11:22 AM

8 replies

Jul 27, 2012 12:54 PM in response to Dougal222

I've owned a few of this and still have one. Often or not the original battery dating back to 1999/2000 are dead. I've only ever found one with an original battery that held at least an hour worth of charge. It safe to assume that a new battery is required here. What you have on what you have described.

Extra memory and drive space will help it with performance as well. Nice little computers, I still use my Keylime!.

Best of luck with it. 🙂

iBook Clamshell not charging battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.