Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share button missing "Email"

Using Mountain Lion, when I open any application that supports iCloud (TextEdit, Pages, Numbers, Preview, etc.), then highlight an item and click the SHARE button at the bottom, I don't see "Email" as an option...though it's supposed to be there (it shows up in many Mountain Lion tutorial pictures). I see "Message" and "AirDrop" only. And yes, I have Mail.app setup. Any ideas?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion, 256GB + 24-inch LED Cinema Display

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 7:16 PM

Disregard...I just figured it out. As expected, Apple wants me to use ONLY Mail.app and my primary email is Gmail. Since my default client for composing email is Gmail, "Email" didn't appear on the SHARE button drop-down until I changed the default to Mail.app. Pity...it works fine in Safari 6...emailing a page from Safari uses my Gmail client just fine. Apple and Google need to play a little better together.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2012 7:16 PM in response to Larry McJunkin

Disregard...I just figured it out. As expected, Apple wants me to use ONLY Mail.app and my primary email is Gmail. Since my default client for composing email is Gmail, "Email" didn't appear on the SHARE button drop-down until I changed the default to Mail.app. Pity...it works fine in Safari 6...emailing a page from Safari uses my Gmail client just fine. Apple and Google need to play a little better together.

Share button missing "Email"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.