Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.eps attachments not working in mail

Hi guys!!!

Just upgraded to mountain lion from 10.7 and now suddenly anytime I open mail, start a new mail and drag>drop any .eps files into the new email, the send button and red/orange/green bubbles on the toolbar remain greyed out and it never shows that the .eps file actually attached. It used to preview the file almost like a jpg or gif attachment...

and even though the send button remains greyed out and no attachment actually shows in the email, I can still click the greyed-out send button and send the email.

This was not a problem with 10.7. Attachments work and preview fine if any other file format including pdf files, but .eps attachments arent working anymore? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Matt

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 4:33 PM

28 replies

Aug 2, 2012 3:43 PM in response to wei.chen

Glad to know I'm not the only one. Like I said, problem happened immediately after upgrading to ML. I will say that even though the send button remains greyed out, it is still clickable...and after sending, if i go into sent mail - it shows the preview and everything like nothing was ever wrong.

Also - after attaching the EPS, no other fields are editable...like it's frozen (even tho I can either click the greyed out red bubble to close it or hit the send button even tho IT is greyed out as well)

Sep 12, 2012 9:52 AM in response to splizaat

splizaat wrote:

Yes that does work...but that's a bandaid...This problem never existed before 10.8.

Bandaid? It's a workaround. 😝

But I tend to zip/compress graphics files anyway, particularly after having PS Type1 fonts mangled as email attachments. Zipping/compressing always seemed to "protect" those be it emailing or my own archiving. Zipping is just something I do.

.eps attachments not working in mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.