Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri and voice dictation problems. Two weeks and counting.

I got my iphone 4s 16gb(factory unlocked) on 21st july 2012 and Siri worked fine, but on 24th july it has stopped responding giving me the " im sorry but i cant take any requests right now" message a minute later. I've also noticed my voice dictation has also stopped working .I've done all the troubleshooting one can possibly do,right from enabling and disabling it , resetting the iphone , the hard reset and the last resort iphone firmware restore (about 5 times ) .I was beginning to think it was a hardware problem but then i tried voice control and that works perfectly fine along with vlingo and the rest of the voivce apps. Could it be a server issue?but servers down for two weeks is pushing it especially coming from apple.My iMessage works fine too if that helps. Any help is appreciated .Thanks

Two weeks and counting :/

iPhone 4S, Windows 7, factory unlocked, 16gb white

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 7:42 AM

1 reply

Siri and voice dictation problems. Two weeks and counting.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.