Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S cannot scan for wireless network since yesterday and i was using WiFi perfectly

So yesterday i was using iphone browsing internet, playing games, etc. And in the evening i unlock the iphone and didn't see the wifi status on the status bar. I click setting menu and it took around 30 seconds to open it, and i click wifi, the little ball keeps spinning but none of networks show up, i try to join the net work nanually, but when i click join, it says "Could not scan for wireless networks". At first i thought this is a hardware problem but when i look up my question on the internet a LOT of people appears have the same problem, and some of them said they did not had any wifi scan problems in ios 4 but after they upgrade to ios5 they had this problem.

My iPhone 4S is broght in April 2012, comes with ios5.1

Thanks A Billion!!! please save me~😐

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 12:30 AM

38 replies

Aug 4, 2012 9:14 PM in response to Rudegar

I tried everythng include: wifi toggle off/on, airplane mode toggle off/on, reboot, restore ispw, recover network settings, recover all settings, and it still won't SCAN FOR NETWORKS. that means WiFi on my iPhone is not working. Oh and btw, I'm in China right now, can I go to Apple Store in Beijing( Capital of China) to fix it under warranty? Thank you~😀

Aug 5, 2012 3:57 AM in response to boboatpoint

Where did you purchase the phone? This is important, because the iPhone warranty/support is country specific(except for EU countries). In other words, if you didn't purchase your phone in China, you will have no warranty/support in China. You will have to take the phone back to the country where you originally purchased it.

Aug 19, 2012 5:05 AM in response to boboatpoint

I have had this issue of not scanning for WiFi networks as well. I just tried the following, and it has worked for me, at least for the last 12 hours or so:

1. Turn ON Airplane Mode

2. Power off the phone normally: Hold power and home keys for 6 sec, then swipe the "power off" slider.

3. Waited 1 minute

4. Turn on phone, wait for it to reboot itself

5. Turn OFF airplane mode,

Immediately, all WiFi networks popped up, and I could select my home network with the same saved password etc.

Of course, this might not work for every case, but it's easier than a phone restore and worth a try. If this works, please consider marking this as "solved"!

Darryl

Aug 24, 2012 8:22 PM in response to Darryl Zurn

Hello, Darryl.

I tried what you told. but it still won't scan wifi. I think it is a hardware problem because if the phone is in a very cold confition the wifi WILL work for couple minutes until the phone get a few heat. I'm going to send back to apple for service as soon as i get back to Canada. I guess they will slove the problem ( all though i wish they will replace my phone, that's better) anyway thanks for your help! 🙂

iPhone 4S cannot scan for wireless network since yesterday and i was using WiFi perfectly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.