Previous 1 2 3 Next 33 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2013 8:20 PM by Philip Lamb
tenchpsych Level 1 Level 1

Hi.

I have a valid Apple ID and I have been running Mountain Lion from the day it was released. Starting today I can no longer log in to the App Store. I get "An unknown error has occurred".

I have done the usual bits: checking ermissions, trashing preferences and the cache file, but to no avail.

Any tips would be appreciated.

all best,

tench

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion
  • Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.safari
    Safari

Try restarting your Mac.

• tenchpsych Level 1 Level 1

did that, a couple of times already, but still the same problem

• iMacLUX Level 1 Level 1

I have exactly the same problem and this is really annoying cause my App Store crashes everytime when I log in with my Apple ID. I hope this will be fixed soon by Apple.

Does anyone else have the same problem??

I would appreciate any comment on this one. Thanks a lot

Much respect and take care,

Jerry

• Ioantus Level 1 Level 1

I have the same problem. Mac OS 10.7.3, connect using WiFi Asus USB-N13.

• Tenaciousgreen Level 1 Level 1

I also have the same issue.  I tried to update a couple of Apps on my IMAC and it asked me to sign in,  when i did it came up with 'An unknown error has occurred' in red.  There is no error code.  I have tried restarting IMAC, changing passwords, all to no avail.

The problem still exists.  Have tried clearing cache.  Really causing me problems as i need access to the App store. 

There must be a solution out there!

• slvclw Level 1 Level 1

I cannot login to the app store on mountain lion as well.

I can login to itunes no problem have the message you are all talking about

An unknown error as occured.

I wish it was known what this error is haa!

• Randolph757 Level 1 Level 1

Im having the same issue.. however when i buy apps on my iphone the appstore works perfectly, yet on my macbook air, i cant log into the appstore and get and unkown error message.

• rowyabo Level 1 Level 1

I'm having the same problem but cannot login to the App store, iTunes or iCloud on my MacBook (but works fine on my iPhone and Apple TV). It happened after my most recent software update. Still using OSX 10.7.4 as I am unable to purchase Mountain Lion.

Can't sign into iCloud as well since trying to change my password.  Also using OSX 10.7.4.

• Steffen_R. Level 1 Level 1
    expertise.iphone
    iPhone

I think, with update to 10.7.4 something really went wrong with system security settings - as for HTTPS, Certifictes - als well as with other SSL settings.

This results in various problems relating to SSL and certificates, like online e-Mails, Secure e-Mails or even the login to online spaces, like DropBox, iCloud or anything  - even app store works nasty.

We have issues that a certificate resetting helps, in other cases it was the ocspd process - but still yet there is no one for all solution and it seems related to the update to 10.7.4 - so I think we need a patch... a little tiny patch to solve this problem...

• slvclw Level 1 Level 1

I think this might be what your talking about: a link for

A Fix for SSL Certificate Problems on Mac OSX Lion

http://b.rthr.me/wp/?p=356

however the issue is that you need to login to the app store to install a patch so if this fix does not work how will apple send us a patch as we are not able to login to the app store. It seems like they may have to give a download link to the patch that might work best.

• Steffen_R. Level 1 Level 1
    expertise.iphone
    iPhone

Sorry,

you don't need any app Store. That - sorry - bullshi. is mother of all problems.
    There is the usuall Software Update process - all can find in finder menue below the apple logo. So why I have to update my iLife and iWork via App Store? Can't this be done by Software update as before? No, we need something special and we also deny any other possible way, like download from apple support page and install manually. No, everybody needs App Store - and then we get an issue after software update and don't get a fix? Sorry, that what I dislike most  - a bad customer support.

So, no one needs App Store for a Fix - all apple has to do is simply provide a simple MacUpdate via Software Update process and all is fine again.

And Software Update is just in such cases the best choice and most possible way to fix such problems - and we need also a valid and good second way - if all strings get cut...

We need ways without any strong internet - because I know places, were you cannot download a MacOS

• slvclw Level 1 Level 1

Here is the issue at hand. OSX is having trouble seeing the default ethernet interface for the app store and icloud hence the unknown error . However Itunes logs in fine and does not have ths issue.

Here is the fix.

1.) Go to: NetworkInterfaces.plist found in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

copy this to your desktop and edit that copy with this info.

2.) Find IOBuiltin key and set it from false to true as below:

<key>IOBuiltin</key>

<true/>

3.) Then delete NetworkInterfaces.plist found in  /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

4.) Copy the NetworkInterfaces.plist you edited with IOBuiltin true to:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

5.) Reboot and enjoy the appstore and icloud again.

Previous 1 2 3 Next