Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sender address rejected by server

Hi,

Have recently purchased a new iPad (iPad 3) and performed an iCloud backup to get the data and settings from my old (1st generation) iPad onto the new one. The new one was working fine for a while however when I tried to send emails I was greeted with the error messages 'sender address was rejected by the server' or 'recipient address was rejected by the server'.

I searched the Internet for possible solutions, and the most common suggestion was to delete the account and put its information back again. I have done this several times now, each time it works for about a day at most before I get an error message, of late most of them are the sender address one.

I am able to send and receive fine on my old iPad, this problem happens only on my new iPad even though the account settings are exactly the same.

Any help would be appreciated, fast help that has a log term solution would be appreciated even more so.

Joe.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 9:38 AM

57 replies

Aug 5, 2012 9:40 AM in response to Joe Logan

Try going into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > select the account > account name , tap on SMTP (under the 'Outgoing Mail Server' heading) and then tap on your Primary Server and try entering your email account and password and see if it then works - when you restore a backup onto a different device some info isn't copied over e.g. email passwords.

Apr 19, 2013 9:13 AM in response to King_Penguin

I was having same issue on my iPhone 4S after updating to iOS 6.1.3 - This fixed my problems immediately too!! Kudos for your knowledge and willingness to share it with others🙂. Apparently the outgoing server was not configured or had lost this configuration. I might add that earlier in the week Google had been down and after it went back online my iPhone started acting up with regard to sending email from my Gmail account. I found this thread and Viola! Fixed! I love my iPhone again!

Sender address rejected by server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.