Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete event from Calendar

I have a recurring event on my Calendar that I would like to delete. However, I don't see any option for deleting or declining the event. Also, this event shows up only on my iPhone, not on my Calendar on my Macbook, even though iCloud is turned on for my calendar. If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it!

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 4:29 PM

Same issue here. I had recurring events that I deleted from my Mac's Calendar app, but they remained on my iPhone. Of course, iOS Calendar has no event delete option, so it was stuck there.

Here is my workaround:

- Create a new calendar. I called mine 'Junk'

- Go to your unwanted iPhone event, open it, then change it to 'Junk'

- After you have changed all your unwanted events to 'Junk', go to your Mac and delete the 'Junk' calendar

34 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2012 4:29 PM in response to MRC1220

Same issue here. I had recurring events that I deleted from my Mac's Calendar app, but they remained on my iPhone. Of course, iOS Calendar has no event delete option, so it was stuck there.

Here is my workaround:

- Create a new calendar. I called mine 'Junk'

- Go to your unwanted iPhone event, open it, then change it to 'Junk'

- After you have changed all your unwanted events to 'Junk', go to your Mac and delete the 'Junk' calendar

Nov 28, 2012 6:56 PM in response to MRC1220

I discovered something about this problem with calendar event. . . . I have an app called awsome note that connects with iphone calendar . . . and I was able to delete all the event that has no edit or delete button… It really works… Maybe if you have other memo apps that connects with iphone calendar that will do too (I'm not sure though but with awesome note, it was excellent). Hope I was able to help.

Dec 5, 2012 5:15 PM in response to MRC1220

I had a similar problem with a recurring event that I declined on my mac but continued to show up in my iphone without any option to delete.

I logged into my icloud account https://www.icloud.com and found an option to delete the rogue event there.

Waitied a short while for it to synch with my iphone (approx 2 min) and bang it was gone.

Hope this helps.

Dec 6, 2012 6:04 PM in response to MRC1220

I think i found the solution. Open up your calendar app in your iphone. Then click on "Calendars" on top left. Under the "On My Iphone", check if you have your email calendar checked. Do unchecked those. I have mine sync with gmail and that causes the problem. After unchecking and left only "home" "calendar" "work" and "birthdays" checked, click on "Done". Your calendar should be back to normal. Hope that this help.

Feb 25, 2013 9:18 AM in response to MRC1220

I found a method to do so. I gathered this method from webforums.

open calender app

select calenders on top left hand corner

ensure that "all icloud" option is ticked

this should select calender item with a tickmark

Wait for sync of calender entries with your i cloud account

go to web browser

log on to www.icloud.com

when signed in, all apps that sunk with i cloud are shown

select calender

goto the first day on which this even is entered in the calender

select the event

you wil find delete function

select delte event

it will prompt that the deletion of event will be intimated to the person who invited you

accept.

the even is deleted from icloud and your iphone

done.

Cannot delete event from Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.