Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app runs fine in simulator but fails on iPad

My app has been running fine in the simulator environment but tried running for the first time on an iPad. It loads the first screen (which is a table view) but if I try to do anything, including just scrolling the table, it crashes. The Xcode organiser shows the following:

>

Aug 11 17:24:29 unknown UserEventAgent[12] <Notice>: jetsam: kernel termination snapshot being created

Aug 11 17:24:29 unknown com.apple.launchd[1] <Notice>: (UIKitApplication:com.apple.mobilephone[0xd6d9]) Exited: Killed: 9

Aug 11 17:24:29 unknown SpringBoard[15] <Warning>: Application 'FaceTime' exited abnormally with signal 9: Killed: 9

Aug 11 17:24:29 unknown com.apple.launchd[1] <Notice>: (UIKitApplication:com.andion.TKD[0x6992]) Exited: Killed: 9

Aug 11 17:24:29 unknown ReportCrash[1286] <Notice>: Saved crashreport to /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/LowMemory-2012-08-11-172429.plist using uid: 0 gid: 0, synthetic_euid: 0 egid: 0

Aug 11 17:24:29 unknown SpringBoard[15] <Warning>: Application 'TKD' exited abnormally with signal 9: Killed: 9

> >

If I look in the crash logs in organiser all I can see is one from Safari dated weeks ago. How do I find the log referred to in the message above?

The app (TKD) is 16MB and the iPad reports 26GB available, so although there appears to be a reference to LowMemory, surely that isn't actually the problem? Am I doing something which is impacting FaceTime and why is there a message about com.apple.mobilephone on an iPad? Am I doing something horribly wrong?

Any help much appreciated!

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2012 10:09 AM

'killed' typically means the app was unresponsive just long enough for the OS to take action.

You should be able to see something in Xcode's console during debugging on the device.

Ken

4 replies

app runs fine in simulator but fails on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.