Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app VIPs... turn off sharing?

Okay so I think the new VIP function in Mail app' is great but there's one issue that's making it a deal-breaker...

We have a number of of computers & iDevices in our home & home-office all set to synch with iCloud. Works great.

One problem with VIP's... Mail assumes that if you have set a VIP on one machine then that person should be a VIP on all machines so it shares the VIP Mailbox.

How is this a problem I hear you ask?

My wife on her home machine set a VIP mailbox for mail from my account so she can find my ramblings on her machine. Tha's fine, works for her.

But then the VIP mailbox for me appears on my home-office machine and includes every message I've sent or replied to. That's pointless.

And also on the flip-side if I set up a VIP box for a client I don't want or need that to appear on the other machines.

Anyone know how to change this rogue overly generous sharing behaviour of the VIP function?

In short I don't want it to share through iCloud.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Late 2009 27inch 2.8GHz i7

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 2:23 PM

2 replies

Mail app VIPs... turn off sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.