Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

who installed McAfee on my Safari

I'm running 10.6.8 on my 2007 macbook. I rebooted today and now McAfee is on my Safari toolbar. How did that happen? How do I remove it-I don't see an uninstall?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 4:14 PM

8 replies

Jan 25, 2013 9:22 AM in response to yolofitz2

Same happened to me, and I realized it's because we just had Verizon (like Comcast) come out to give us faster FIOS. (Note: my husband let them install this on my computer while I was out! 😟) Besides the McAfee logo showing up on my Safari toolbar, I now have a Verizon logo at the top right of my Mac. When I click on it, it says, "Verizon Internet Security Suite - Powered by McAfee...Use this scan to schedule regular scan operations for your Mac to detect viruses, spyware, and other threats."

So, @Bee, this one does say for Mac....

Has anyone had problems with this?

who installed McAfee on my Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.