Previous 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next 126 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2013 5:55 AM by Giles Go to original post
  • softwater Level 5 Level 5 (5,370 points)


    charlie_vz wrote:


    Is there a way to remove the 'solved' status from this thread?



    Nope. And for that reason I'd strongly suggest you open a new thread. 


    There may well be some of the regular gurus who have an insight into this problem but haven't bothered looking at this thread again since it was "solved" (that's the way they roll).


    You can always reference this thread in the OP so that people can see what solutions have already been tried (and failed).


    Message was edited by: softwater

  • bocockli Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Same problem, I changed DNS from the wireless router gateway to the external internet provider's DNS and it solved the problem.

  • niqu Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I can't remember changing anything significant (only Thunderbolt Firmware-Update and a few minor App-updates), but fortunately the problem disappeared. I'm sorry for you guys, but I have no explanation and therefore no suggestion how to solve the problem for you.

  • bryan123 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I also am having the same problems and at this stage I have just put my sleep setting to never and its ok


    (so far)

  • marcmeyer Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I have also been having this problem.   I managed to solve it by disconnecting the ethernet cable (I have a wired connection), then reconnecting.   I suspect turning off wireless in the case of an over the air connection, then re-enabling it may do the same.

  • matt2053 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I was having this problem for a few weeks, but I believe I finally fixed it! I am cautiously optimistic. I tried this and so far have been able to sleep and resume and imap accounts reconnect.....


    1. Quit

    2. Go to the folder ~/Library/Containers/

    3. Move to the trash

    4. Launch


    I hope it works for you too!

  • Giles Level 4 Level 4 (1,745 points)

    Changed my DNS to (suggested somewhere on this site) for some other reason (my router's and ISP's DNS services not being very good I think) and hey presto fixed this at the same time.


    I had resisted doing this but it's not too hard if you are prepared to dive into Settings --> Network --> Wi-Fi (or maybe Ethernet if you have hard-wired connection) --> Advanced... button bottom right --> DNS --> Press the + underneath the "DNS servers" pane, bottom left, and type in --> OK --> Apply


    Mail (and internet browsing) now working much better for a couple of weeks now

Previous 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next