Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to implement with social api for facebook and twitter in both ios 5 and ios 6?

In my app there is button which actually lets you connect to facebook, add comments etc. Earlier i was doing it with a third party library but now as we have facebook integration i want to use Apple Social framework. But what if somebody is still using ios5. I guess in that case it will crash. So how should i use new Apple API to imnplement facebook for both ios 5 and ios 6? If that's not possible what's the best i can do?

iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 12:45 PM

6 replies

Sep 13, 2012 7:23 PM in response to ashNomad

I'm experiencing this issue as well. My deployment target is 5.1 but I'd like to add the social framework to my project for ios 6 users. Works fine when i test with ios 6 but crashes at launch on 5.1 now. I believe it is because I #import "Social/Social.h".

I test for OS version to ensure it can be used with ios 6 usere, but again the problem is that i can't launch my app with 5.1

anyone have a fix?

How to implement with social api for facebook and twitter in both ios 5 and ios 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.