Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

be informed stolen macbook serial number C0xxxxxxDF92

Be informed stolen macbook serial number C0xxxxxxDF92

please call local police when you find it and contact me

Regards

<Edited By Host>

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 11:45 PM

10 replies

Sep 13, 2012 2:46 AM in response to truth1

truth1 wrote:

Why i cant post serial number? may i know why?

1.) It is against the T & C's of the forum to post personal info in the forum.

Apple Support Communities Terms of Use

2. Submissions

11. Never reveal any personal information.

How you interpret this is for you to decide. But you have to remember that this is a PUBLIC forum, and everyone can read what info you have posted.

This forum is an Apple forum, but the people who answer posts are not Apple employees. This thread might give you further insight: What is the deal with people posting their personal information on here?

cos i want every body know that this serial number is stolen

There are avenues you are able to take that don't involve posting your serial number on a forum.

Please read: Kappy's response in this thread: My laptop was stolen.

Sep 13, 2012 7:09 AM in response to truth1

No one will be alerted. We are users like you. We are not Apple, and besides Apple is not in the business of tracking down stolen property. Think for a minute. You report a serial number of a computer. Apple tracks down the computer and alerts you where it is. But it turns out you are really an abusive husband trying to locate your wife by locating her computer. With the information provided to you by Apple you go and kill your wife. Do you think Apple wants to be involved in helping you track down your wife? Or, Apple provides you the location of your stolen computer. You take it upon yourself to confront the thieves and they hurt or kill you. Once again, do you think Apple wants to be involved in this scenario. These are extreme examples but Apple does not know you or your intentions. Let the police do their job.

You must alert the local police then start shopping for a replacement computer. The odds of you retrieving your stolen computer are not very good.

be informed stolen macbook serial number C0xxxxxxDF92

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.