Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i block an imessage coming in from another iphone user?

I am trying to block someone from contacting me via imessage. Their number is blocked through my carrier, but since they have an iPhone they can contact me via imessage. Can someone please help?

Thanks!

iPhone 4

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 1:32 PM

19 replies

Dec 31, 2012 9:27 PM in response to bpc005

There is a way to do this. In notifications, goto messages and you will see "show iMessage Alerts from". Instead of the option "Everyone", select "My Contacts Only". Now, if the person who is sending iMessage to you is in your contacts, delete them. That should do it

- someone else's idea.

Apr 14, 2013 1:57 PM in response to DF80

Just an FYI this tactic doesn't work. All it ends up doing is stop the notification that appears on your lock screen or the top of it when you're working in your phone the only way to block an incoming iMessage is to turn it off.

Hopefully Apple can do something to address this, though if you have unlimited texting it shouldn't be a problem.

May 16, 2013 4:42 AM in response to bpc005

Blocking user needs to be an option. I have a 10 year old daughter who is getting cyber harrass by another girl in class. Especially when the parent as been informed and brushes is off as being typical girl fights. I have now turned in screen shots of the message to the school principal.

But the app maker should try to create some update with a block option!!!

how do i block an imessage coming in from another iphone user?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.