Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VISA not accepted. Your payment method is declined, please use another payment method.

I created an Apple ID by first downloading a free app. So I had chosen the "none" option in the payment methods section. Now I want to buy a paid app through VISA. But whenever I am trying to buy it , I get a message "Your payment method is declined. Please use another payment method"😠. I have double checked all my card info and address. All are correct. Then why my card is being declined? !!

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, The new iPad

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 6:48 AM

19 replies

Sep 18, 2012 7:32 AM in response to ARWillett

I have already stated that I use the same billing inormation in many other places. My VISA is never denied anywhere else. If my given billing information would have been incorrect then it would have been rejected in all other places. Moreover if a wrong billing information is provided in the apple_payment_method page then the error message says "Incorrect details"!! . But in my case the error message is not that.

Sep 18, 2012 12:36 PM in response to Mr.Roy

Apple does use a really strict security feature, and some banks will flag a transaction due to an amount or flucuation of multiple sales going through the same card in a single day. I used to handle card transactions all the time and would see this happen at least five times a day. It usually takes talking to the bank to see what transaction codes they are getting with your card and they can assist you from there. It can be frustrating at times, but this is pure measures for fraud prevention.

Feb 14, 2013 10:53 PM in response to ARWillett

In my case master card is also not accepted !!

Situation

Ipad iPhone user

Valid card . Valid today . Used in App Store befor . Used in other brick and

Mortar stores before . Valid till date. Expiry not until 2014

Used only one card , this master card on iTunes and App Store

Suddenly apps won't update !!

I think it is a country selection problem

Check on iTunes Store . County seems ok

Then read around

I read around KB .... forums etc etc like mad and some KB article says check settings - I tunes - apple account - view account - payment info etc

So I do that

iPhone - settings - iTunes ... - click / tap in apple I'd - click / tap on view account - enter password - see payment info

Oops !! All in red and aap stores says payment method NOT accepted

I re type card number .... Validity ... Secret code ... Address etc still I keep getting a reply that the payment method is not accepted !!

Why ??

Not a train smash but getting very annoying !!!

Serious issue ... I see tons of posts on this all over

*** aaple are you Listening ???****

Regards

Subu

Mar 8, 2013 4:54 AM in response to Getmel

The problem is between Apple and the bank. I have been trying for ages to get it registered (even tho its the same card ive bought apps with for over a year) and decied to contact my bank. they have said that the fraud prevention team are rejecting it, then they cancelled my card! i asked the woman on the phone if i try it with my new card when it arrives will it do the same, she said no, everything will be fine. so i tried it with my wifes card. guess what?? declined! and her card cancelled now too! either apple are not following some protocol that the banks need, or maybe its the bank being a #*#*! i bank with the Royal Bank of Scotland, anyone else with them thats having this problem?

Jul 26, 2014 2:55 PM in response to Unknown_monkey

Unknown_monkey wrote:

I'm having the same problem only my card use to work. It's really annoying because every time I want a app I type in all the info correct and it doesn't work, I really need help urgently!

You tagged onto an older post. If you want an answer to your specific question, you need to create a new post. By creating a new post, you will receive emails when helpers post responses.

The card needs to be a credit card, not a debit card. And the card address must be in the same country as the app store you are using.

iTunes Store: Changing your payment information

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1918

iTunes Store Accepted Forms of Payment

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5552

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Dec 19, 2015 3:41 AM in response to Mr.Roy

Hi,

I'm also facing the same problem.... I've been trying to register my visa card for the months but it is saying the same thing that your visa card details are declined.

Name : Venu

Apple ID : v********@g******.com

Using : Apple iPhone 6 (Purchased in USA & Using in India), ios 9, 64Gb.

Please make it clear asap...

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

VISA not accepted. Your payment method is declined, please use another payment method.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.