Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is not recognised by iTunes, but is by Windowns 7.

Hi, I have an issue. Every time I connect my iPhone 4s to my PC, iTunes doesn't see it! It happened before with my iPod touch 2nd gen, and also I had the same issue with my new iPod nano touch. None of these devices were recognised by iTunes... I have had a look at the support section on apple, and also on the internet in general, and none of the things suggested to me have not worked 😟 please help, because without the ability to connect, I cannot do much with my apple devices.

Thank you, best regards.

Kuba.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 11:17 AM

22 replies

Sep 18, 2012 11:22 AM in response to Puchaatek

I had this issue before. Uninstall iTunes but keep any data related to your iTunes collection (these will pop up during the uninstall process). Install the latest iTunes (10.7) and should be back to normal. This is usually caused by some services that may have stopped that wouldn't restart in Win7.

Make sure also that you install the correct Windows 7 install of iTunes. If you have 64-bit, make sure to use the 64-bit installer for iTunes.

Sep 18, 2012 11:57 AM in response to Puchaatek

There is definitely a conflict coming from somewhere. I would double check these steps to make sure. I provided a couple of KB articles below:

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/itunes/

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1363

or

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

I remember that I had to go through Programs and Features in the control panel to uninstall everything that deals with iTunes also (Apple Update, iTunes, iPod Service, Apple Mobile Device Service, etc.). Pretty much got rid of everything except for QuickTime. Reinstalled iTunes, and was back in business. Sometimes it helps restarting the PC after install to apply settings.

I'm sure that you have follow most of these steps already and can be frustrating. Just need to make sure all our T's are crossed.

Sep 18, 2012 1:57 PM in response to Puchaatek

Okay, here we go. There are couple of things that we need to check.

Plug your iPhone or iPod into a USB port in the back of the PC. (If its a laptop, any one will do, just not though an external USB hub)

Right click on an open area of the taskbar and click on "Start Task Manager" (You can also get to this by using CNTL+ALT+DEL)

When we get to a window that pops up for the task manager there are some things we need to see if they are running. Click on the services tab and sort the services alphetically by name and look to see if the services below are running.

1. Apple Mobile Device

2. Bonjour Service

3. iPod Service

If one of these above are not running, there is an issue with the service. Right click on the service above that isn't running and click "Start Service" on the context menu that pops up.

Unplug the device, exit iTunes, start iTunes, and then try to sync the device.

(I had to break my iTunes to really figure out a good process)

iPhone is not recognised by iTunes, but is by Windowns 7.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.