Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased quick time pro, and attempted to download quick time 7, but it says I have quick time x installed. I deleted quick time x but it still says it is there and will not let me install.

I purchased quick time pro, and attempted to download quick time 7, but it says I have quick time x installed. I deleted quick time x but it still says it is there and will not let me install.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 11:21 AM

4 replies

Sep 19, 2012 12:06 PM in response to Jackie1989

In the optional install items-Quick Time is not an option. I am on Leopard.

Then you either:

1) never had QT X installed and could not have deleted it since QT X is only installed on Snow Leopard (OS X v10.6), Lion (OS X v10.7), and Mountain Lion (OS X v10.8) systems or...

2) you are actually running Snow Leopard (OS X v10.6) and not Leopard (OS X v10.5) as you just stated.

Please confirm which statment is actually correct.

User uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.