Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Empty SMS after iOS6 update

Hello.

Today updated to iOS6 and now when I open an sms witch has been sent, for example, from internet web app or skype (message sender appears as my skype name), it shows empty sms. However, in message list I can see a little bit of the content. After opening this "empty" sms and returning to index - it doesnt show that SMS anymore. I've to hard-close messages app and re-open it to see it again.

Took few screenshots:

Step 1, sms index. This Xnet sms has come form internet web app:

User uploaded file

Step 2., when I open it.. shows empty sms, no previous content, nothing at all.. empty

User uploaded file

Step 3 when I return to message index, the "Xnet" message is not there anymore.. but after hard-close and re-open, everything starts again like in the first step.

User uploaded file

Ideas?

iPhone 4, iOS6

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 12:26 PM

29 replies

Sep 20, 2012 7:08 AM in response to arneefreeman

Yeah, Same here.Messages from Bank,Carrier go blank when opened,and disappear from the messages list.When messages app is closed from taskbar and relaunched,they are back in the list,but the same thing happens again.There is only ONE exception where one of My Banks SMS seems to show the message and stays in the list.This is erratic behaviour.Hope it is fixed ASAP.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Sep 21, 2012 2:41 PM in response to arneefreeman

I had the same issue. The only workaround i have found is:

1- Backup my iPhone with iTunes (to my computer)

2- Follow this post to read my SMS with the help of a utility

Basicly, i backed up my iphone and found a file with the following name inside the backup directory:

3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28

This is the file that contains SMS messages. This file is a SQLite 3.x database. It can be viewed with any SQLite database utility. If you want to see the messages, execute the following statement inside SQLite database utility:

select message.rowid, handle.id, message.text from message, handle where message.handle_id=handle.rowid

Empty SMS after iOS6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.