Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anybody else gone to ios 6 and lost sound?!

Upgraded to ios 6 just then and lost all sound?! No idea why...

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 1:01 PM

52 replies

Sep 19, 2012 2:21 PM in response to ddamitz

Hi everyone... I had this issue but seemed to fix it!!Try this...

Go in to the 'Clock' App...

Edit a previously set alarm (may also work if you set a new one)...

Sound...

Select a song from the 'Songs' section...

Save...

As soon as I did this, my volume buttons began to work, and the volume bar was visible in the Music App.

Good luck!

Sep 19, 2012 2:29 PM in response to ACW1989

This is crazy...as soon is I posted my problem my phone started playing audio and now works fine. Took 3 hours or so from the time I upgraded to 6, but on its own just realized it wasn't connected to a dock and started working. Wish I could tell you what happened, but the only only thing I can gather from this is to wait...? Lol sorry

Sep 19, 2012 3:38 PM in response to ACW1989

Okay I have this same problem but as soon as I posted my problem, my sound turned back on. But earlier when I updated it took like 2 and a half hours to even play sound. And when I try to turn my ringer up their are no buttons going up. It's weird. Also if I go and try to change my notification alerts it just vibrates. Hope my sound doesn't go out again seems like every time I restart my phone it goes off.

Sep 19, 2012 4:55 PM in response to ACW1989

I got mine working by plugging in headphones,

Starting a song in the iPod app

Pausing it,

And then unplugging headphones and clicking play

All sound has returned to the phone, when I was updating it did stick for ages on the page with the apple logo and progress bar, I restarted my phone and then it resumed, anyone with the sound issue have this when updating?

Anybody else gone to ios 6 and lost sound?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.