Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone/iOS 6 and a car stereo

I have a JVC aftermarket stereo in my car that is designed to work with iPods and iPhones. I've used my 3GS and 4S on it without any trouble until today when I upgraded to iOS 6. When I plug my phone in via the the 30 pin dock connector the screen reads "READING." Nothing happens and sound still plays through the phone. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:20 PM

76 replies

Sep 20, 2012 6:29 AM in response to jfaulha2

I have a Kenwood stereo that had worked great with iOS5. The iPod app could be controlled through the stereo (audio and videos). I had access to my playlists, etc. I could use the MLB app and the information would display on my stereo stream. Same with Downcast.

Now, with iOS6, I get audio and that's all. No data is sent to my stereo. I cannot use the stereo controls.

Using it as my car media player was the #1 use for my iPhone. Needless to say I'm not very happy with this.

Sep 20, 2012 9:45 AM in response to jfaulha2

iOS 6 has definitely changed something to the "iPod" out feature. My Pioneer AVIC-F700BT used to work great with all previous versions of iPhone and iOS but after upgrading to iOS 6 I get a device not supported error on my phone and car stereo.

I was afraid that the iPhone 5 would break the functionality but I didn't expect iOS 6 to do it.

Looks like it is back to the stone age for me. =)

Sep 20, 2012 10:33 AM in response to jfaulha2

Also got problems after I got iOS 6.

In my Ford s-Max with Sony stereo, i can receive calls and talk on the bluetooth handsfree. Also, Siri Get on the speakers by Bluetooth. But it cant play music from spotify or itunes. I can see the ford audio bluetooth when i choose output, but theres no sound out on speakers.

The cable does work, though, so it isnt hopeless. But it strange thats almost everything works, just not music through the bluetooth.

This problem and my problems with wifi, makes me very disappointed, and would have liked the update undone!!!!

For me, it looks like Apple havent been able to do a quality check before the launch

iPhone/iOS 6 and a car stereo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.