Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4s Bluetooth problems after upgrading to IOS 6.0

I use the bluetooth to connect my Iphone 4s and my car stereo (Alpine CDE HD138BT) Prior to the IOS 6.0 Upgrade when I streamed music from both Pandora and my music files I was able to view the artist, song, album on the stereo and even use the stereo control buttons to skip tracks, search, etc. After the upgrade I can still pair the two and play music but I lost all of the other additional features and can no longer see the information or control it from the stereo. I have deleted the pairing on both and then re-established again but that didn't fix the problem. I found on the stereo specifications that it uses Bluetooth version 2.1. Is there any way to force the Iphone to revert to a previous version of bluetooth? (I am also going to post on an Alpine site to see if they plan on doing an upgrade.)

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 6:39 AM

62 replies

Sep 20, 2012 7:47 AM in response to smurphy5

I have an iPhone 4 and an Alpine car stereo and am having the exact same issues since upgrading to iOS 6. I can pair, but only stream audio to the stereo. I don't see track information and I the play/track controls on the stereo don't communicate with my iPhone. My brother-in-law is also having bluetooth issues since upgrading. He can't even get his iPhone 4S to pair with either his car stereo or mine. I hope Apple releases some sort of fix in the near future.

Sep 20, 2012 7:52 AM in response to smurphy5

Same problems here.

I've got an Alpine CDE-W235BT. Before 6.0 it was working perfectly with bluetooth, metadata, skip/play/pause all working from the head unit.... post 6.0; ALAS!

As the OP states, it still streams music but no control or track info 😟

Very unhappy. First world problem, not the end of the world and all that, but it's still properly annoying having to unlock the phone to skip a track rather than press one button on the stereo wihtout taking my eyes off the road.

Fingers crossed for a fix, or I will also be switching across to Win8 or Driod in a month or two.

Sep 20, 2012 7:53 AM in response to smurphy5

I just spoke with Alpine technical support, they told me they are aware of the problem and have been working on a solution for a few days but didn't have an Iphone running IOS 6 to work with. They hope to send out a software fix as soon as they figure it out. Perhaps Apple can make a fix on their end which would apply to all brands not just Alpine.

Sep 20, 2012 5:36 PM in response to smurphy5

I have the exact same problem. I connect my 4S with bluetooth to my Apline CDE-137BT. Previously, with Spotify, Pandora, and the Music app, I was able to see track/artist info on the screen and use the stereo controls to skip to the next song, go back to the last song, and play/ pause. The "Bluetooth Pandora" function on the stereo has never worked for me, but if I played pandora through the regular bluetooth input in the stereo, it would play, and I could even pause and skip tracks with the stereo controls, just not use the thumbs up or down buttons (kinda dissapointing since that's why I bought the stereo, but that's my fault for not doing my homework I guess).

As soon as I upgraded to iOS 6, I could no longer see any info on the screen or use the controls to do anything other than pause and play, which for some reason now has about a 5 second lag, if it works at all. Very strange.

Tried disconnecting the bluetooth from both the phone and the stereo, re-pairing, turning both off and on again, etc. Still the same problem. Everything works fine through the cable, but I really liked the ability to get in my car and have music start playing without me having to touch a **** thing. If iOS 6 isn't going to let me do that, I guess I'll have to downgrade...or get a droid so I can use pandora properly.

Sep 22, 2012 6:37 AM in response to smurphy5

Have the same problem. I had a pioneer avh-p8450bt. Before IOS6 everything works fine. After IOS6 the BT just streams music but no info and the sound interrupts. I had an iphone 4S. I don't undertand how Apple launch something not well finished. I hope an update coming soon to solve all problems. Doen't seems to the profile for a $700+ per stock company

Sep 22, 2012 10:31 PM in response to smurphy5

Funny Apple told me to eat **** and call my car place.

HELP !!!

It’s not like we are working with Samsun here. They should have thought it out fixed all the bugs then went ahead. I am...... ******! My 3 week old Volkswagen Tiguan no longer plays my MUSIC nor my Audible. Its so not ok. This is a breach of contract. I am told by apple you don’t have to update but my carrier said just the opposite our phones will not work without the updates...

Apple get you crap together, I had such respect you. You have let a lot of apple fans down.

A very ****** ex Apple Fan

😠

Sep 23, 2012 2:16 PM in response to smurphy5

Same issue too with an Alpine IVE-W530EBT (most gutting as i only fitted it to my car last week). I own a car audio store and tried a few units this morinig it seems its only the Alpine having the trouble here. The latest jvc units are working fine also the parrot products are ok just tried sony too all good. Maybe it is a fix that alpine needs to make.

Sep 24, 2012 10:23 PM in response to smurphy5

Since upgrading to the IOS6 my cars bluetooth will simply drop out half way through a call intermitantly. I can also no longer use Siri through the bluetooth, which is extremely frustrating in the car as you have to switch between the phone and the bluetooth, which defeats the purpose of using Siri to search contacts and make calls!!

Please get a fix for these issues ASAP!!

Iphone 4s Bluetooth problems after upgrading to IOS 6.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.