Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 Exchange calendar invitations not working

I like a lot the improved calendar invitations layout in iOS6, but for the life of me I can't seem to get it to work.

The new buttons do not seem to do anything.

My calendar is running under Exchange and I would like to know if any other users have managed to 'accept, decline or maybe' invitations on iOS6 with Exchange?

Many thanks

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 1:26 PM

38 replies

Sep 21, 2012 12:13 AM in response to Motion500

Thank you for your suggestion.

However, I have some brain cells and I have tried this before posting.

It still does not work though it is likely to be cause of the problem.

In ios 5 the lost awareness was not an issue.

It would be a shame to block corporate users as its a massively growing market for apple.

Sadly we are only three people so not massive though, naturally have aspirations!

Thanks again.

Sep 24, 2012 3:13 PM in response to morgentd

have had what I think is similar issue.... on both ipad and iphone. Running IOS6. Have gmail account setup through exchange connector. IOS receives and accepts invites just fine from external devices.... If i create a new invite on the IOS device and add invitees with external email addresses, once this calendar invite is saved into the diary it doesnt trigger invites to go out to those 3rd parties... but the invite definitely is in the calendar as can also see it on mast google calendar.

If I then go and move the timing of the invite that has been created on the IOS device (by holding down and dragging to new time) this then immediately triggers an invite (new Invitiation, not reschedule) to be sent to the external email addresses... any further modification to timing of invite then triggers 'reschedule' calendar invites to go out - so expected behaviour.

The issue is that IOS is not triggering the invite to go out to external parties who have been added to a newly created invite - and it only does this when the date/time of the invite is modified.

Spent about 1.5 hrs on phone to apple support yesterday - they have now passed on to 3rd level support....

Are others seeing the same behaviour as above?

Sep 25, 2012 12:13 AM in response to Gelbebond

Spent a couple of hours on the phone with Apple and now have resolved this. The issue is caused by a corrupt download/installation of iOS 6.

After several attempts the only solution is to restore the iPad and start the iPad as new. However, you MUST delete the previously downloaded iOS 6 otherwise you will simply have the same problem.

It's a pain but now both our iPads now have fully functioning calendars! Need to do the phones next.

Sep 26, 2012 12:13 AM in response to bsap

tried on my daughters ipod (which is on 5.1.1) and setup gmail through exchange connector - agreed - exactly the same problem where new calendar invites dont trigger the invite to the external party when setup on the device.... but do trigger when it is then modified.

Doesn't sound like an install problem - sounds more like a pretty fundamental bug!

Sep 26, 2012 4:26 AM in response to Gelbebond

Agree it's a major flaw but it seems to be when upgrading only. I've restored and rebuilt my iPad and it works, couldn't afford to wait for an update.

If there's any other solutions let me know but it took several hours and phone calls with support to reach the conclusion that iOS 6 causes the issue and the only solution to date is restore and start over.

Major pain but no real alternative for us as we use the calendars for everything!

iOS 6 Exchange calendar invitations not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.