Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get my business on apple maps?

Apple maps does not show my business. It's been listed on Yelp for a while now. What next?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 21, 2012 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2017 12:27 AM

Visit https://mapsconnect.apple.com/ and login with your AppleID.

You'll note that you can also add your business to Maps Indoor.

Hope this helps.

Julius

juliuslopezcompany

Solutions for Small Business

http://juliuslopez.com

30 replies

Sep 21, 2012 2:03 PM in response to nicfromca

1) Open the Apple Maps app

2) Search for your business name

3) Select the page fold in the bottom right

4) Select Report a Problem

5) Select Location is missing, then Next

6) Position the pin to the correct location, then Next

7) Enter your business deatils, don't forget to enter the business name!

8) Make sure you select a category

9) Finaly, select Send

Author: Didgeroo

Sep 26, 2012 11:03 PM in response to nicfromca

I have tried updating as instructed both on my iPhone and my iPad and am still waiting. I also updated 5 other business directories or GPS directories online. If I have to pay Yelp $600/month to get on apple maps, I'm going to throw all my apple products away. It's ridiculous I can't reach 50% of cell users when they search 'auto repair' on the map program on their phone. Or worse, can't even search by my business name and get directions.

Sep 27, 2012 1:42 PM in response to nicfromca

This is my biggest gripe with Apple and Maps. How difficult would it have been to invite businesses to submit data that could have been verified automatically using email. Work with Yelp if necessary. Have a dedicated FREE Apple Maps registration page and get the data up quickly. It's not rocket science when you kick the worlds biggest search engine off your maps platform.

Oct 10, 2012 9:47 PM in response to nicfromca

Hey Nic,

I have put together a list of all of the ways you can get your business information listed/updated on Apple Maps. It's not the simplest system in the world yet, but over time I expect it to be as easy as Google Places (#sarcasm).

Phil, based on my discussions with some of the data vendors for Apple Maps, none of them expect any kind of claiming-type process for at least the next 6 months-1 year. They have their hands full at the moment.

Here's the post: How To Add Your Business To Apple Maps

Aug 27, 2013 9:15 PM in response to LukeF12

Hey Luke,

I don't think Apple uses Yelp as a "base listings" source - that is just because a business is listed in Yelp does not mean it will be listed in Apple Maps. Apple relies on third party providers to supply the base listing data. You need to make sure your biz is listed in those.

I have been tracking the data suppliers here: Apple Maps Business Listings Suppliers by Country

Jan 14, 2014 6:33 PM in response to nicfromca

I have the same issue. It's a big shame that all 80,000 apple employees don't develop anything almost for 2 years. Don't waste time on "Report a problem". It's a garbage. Adding to yelp was easy and straightforward but it hasn't showed up on Apple maps. I reported to acxiom 2 months ago but it also doesn't show up yet. I also tried to add it to tomtom but... tomtom don't do business with US customers. I tried to add it to teleatlas, a tomtom company, but... their website, www.teleatlas.com, went down as of today.

how do I get my business on apple maps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.