Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't "Review" my new apple ID account states invalis email address format??? WT heck?

Tried loggiung into iTunes with newly created apple ID (I have a new phone) and it states " You have not used this ID before aty itunes, Please Review"

So I accept the Terms and Conditions, Review my email address and password and security and DOB. Click next and it States" You must yuse a valid email address (for example mac@example.com)." Obviously thinking my email address is missing a character that makes it an email address. So it is just stuck here, and I can not download apps? Any help appreciated.

iPhone 4S, First time set up,

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 4:43 AM

25 replies

Sep 3, 2017 6:37 AM in response to raeganburn38

There are normally some hoops you can jump through as you create your iTunes account that workaround the need for a payment card or bank account, otherwise once the account is set up the iTunes Store may still expect you to provide one, even if you are obtaining free content or updates, which you can later remove. If you don't have or want to use a credit/debit card at this time you can try this method using iTunes on a computer...

1. Sign out of the iTunes Store from the Store/Account item on the menu bar
  2. Go to Music > iTunes Store home page
  3. Go to Quick Links > Redeem
  4. Sign in with your Apple ID
  5. Go through the screens, accepting the EULA, etc. You should arrive at a Review Payment screen where one of the options is None - select this and continue. You shouldn't actually need to redeem a new voucher/card.

It is worth noting that one of the functions of the registration is to prove you have a valid billing address in the region whose store you are trying to use. You might also have difficulty selecting None as an option if you have any active subscriptions (see View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support), an outstanding debit balance to the iTunes Store, there are unreleased authorization holds on the card (see About payment card authorization holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support) or you are trying to switch to one regional store while being in a different region. See If you can't choose None when you edit your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support and Payment methods that you can use in the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store - Apple Supportfor more details.

tt2

Sep 26, 2012 7:07 PM in response to Eric_Tacoma

Hi Eric,

Same thing happened to me. I'm on a MacBook Pro and an iPhone. I've finally figured it out. For whatever reason, iTunes did not save my credit card data when I created the account. I went into the System Preference on my MacBook and launched iCloud, clicked the "Manage..." button, clicked "View Account," entered my Apple ID password, clicked "Edit" next to "Payment Information," added my credit card, saved; then relaunched iTunes and was able to sign in without being directed to "Review" my account.

The process is similar on the iPhone. iCloud details can be found in the "Settings."

Dec 5, 2012 2:55 PM in response to dorrall7

Thank you so much for your information. I had the same problem with an Apple ID which was from an old account used to purchase things from the Apple Store, but never used to purchase any content from the iTunes/App store. So what the "Please review" problem seems to be related to is not having a "verified" payment information associated with the iTunes Store.

Similar to what dorrall7 suggested, I got onto an iPad and went into the Settings. Under the iCloud settings (even if you aren't using iCloud) I signed in so that I could get to this Apple ID's Payment Information. This is the only way I could get to Payment Information. The iTunes & Apps Stores settings on the iPad didn't allow for verifying Payment Information. The Manage my Apple ID option through appleid.apple.com also doesn't have Payment Information to verify.

I didn't want to keep the old credit card information on file, so I canceled this Payment Information, and went back to sign in on the computer's iTunes. This time it now gave me a "Verification is required. Before you can make purchases, you must click OK, then verify your payment information." message. No more annoying unresolved "You must enter a valid email address (for example: mac@example.com)." message and being stuck on the Edit Apple ID Details page. From there more normal functions were available and I was able to provide and update the necessary information.

To think this all started with "This Apple ID has not yet been used with the iTunes Store. Please review your account information." The sad part is I spent HOURS talking to Apple Support and was told everything looked fine with the account. So if Apple would just correct that "You must enter a valid email address" message and instead take you to the Payment Information section, all would be fine.

Things were worse on the iPad, since you never got any error message when trying to purchase something through the App Store, but was left stuck looking at your Apple ID account information, with no way to get to the Payment Information section. Hope this problem gets fixed so that no one else needs to wonder why things aren't work--especially since these would be new customers to the iTunes store who happen to be long time Apple customers.

Dec 17, 2013 10:24 AM in response to Eric_Tacoma

Man this is a bit beyond me!

I went to icloud and found i had no email verified. followed the email i got and tried to sign into cloud and got the message the apple id is already signed in............

This thing is beyond my patience to use and i dont like it that i have had to enter my email now about 20 times using a very clumsy interface for a man with big fingers............maybe easier for younger people with smaller hands?

Dec 17, 2013 10:32 AM in response to Eric_Tacoma

I tried deleting my apple account and now see the apple id is already being used and the suggestion is i reset my password! I already did that after i could not sign in and got the reset page and tried to enter my existing password (as a check) and found apple knew my password! but i was forced to change it anyway to sign in. Man this is just so ********!

can't "Review" my new apple ID account states invalis email address format??? WT heck?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.