Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 6 Possible Reason for Y AppStore/iTunes Crashes

Possible Solution that I might of found.

1st. I backuped to my iCloud

2nd. I Went into

>Settings

>Reset

>Erase All Content and Settings

3rd. I set it up as new

4rth. I went to App Store

5rth. I went to Genuis and no crashes yet.

6th. I went to Search and search Angry Birds, it crashed once.

7th. I went to iTunes

8th. I went to Search

9th. No crashes yet.

10th. I went back to App Store and went back to Genuis (no crashes) and went to Search and search Temple Run and then Angry Birds, it loaded just fine with no crashes.

What my theory is when our data got updated to the new IOS version and we backed it up, and then reset the iPod and try to set it up from our backup and still had problems, my theory is that our backup with the new IOS got currupted by going throu iTunes or OTA. While other people didn't.

I went to BestBuy Wedesday and tryed there iPod Touch 4G 32gigs that is on display, it is running IOS 6 and I run the App Store and the iTunes. The Search and the Genuis tab, I search alot of things and guess what, it did not crash. So i talked to one of the BestBuy people that was working there and he doesnt have any idea to help me but his iPhone 4 running ios 6 is running perfectly fine.

There was no Apple People there that day to ask them about it.

I'll come back after I reset it and restore from my iCloud if its still existing. If so, So totaly unfair that we have to lose our app data to have these 2 apps working correctly..

Like I said in my Theory, its just a Theory I came accross doing it to let you guys know.

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 10:04 AM

9 replies

Sep 28, 2012 4:01 PM in response to James5wins

Having your iPod as new will have the App Store and iTunes work perfectly. Small crashes at 1st but later just fine.

Restoring from my (your) backup, causes the Appstore and iTunes continueing to crash.

I don't know why but thats what I found out when i was testing it out.

Dont believe me? If ya want, I'll make a video just showing my iPod on default and then after restoring from back up, you will see results.

Sep 29, 2012 1:52 PM in response to James5wins

James5wins wrote:

Possible Solution that I might of found.

1st. I backuped to my iCloud

2nd. I Went into

>Settings

>Reset

>Erase All Content and Settings

3rd. I set it up as new

4rth. I went to App Store

5rth. I went to Genuis and no crashes yet.

6th. I went to Search and search Angry Birds, it crashed once.

7th. I went to iTunes

8th. I went to Search

9th. No crashes yet.

10th. I went back to App Store and went back to Genuis (no crashes) and went to Search and search Temple Run and then Angry Birds, it loaded just fine with no crashes.

That's NOT a viable solution. This should ONLY be done when things are so messed up on your device it is beyond software repair. You're telling people to basically REFORMAT their hard drive and reinstall everything from scratch OR to put it another way, if you arm keeps on itching, then cut your arm off.

Sep 30, 2012 10:38 AM in response to James5wins

I diagnosed the "Search" issue as a problem with the number of results, at least on my friend's early model iPod Touch. When he searched for "racing" and got something like 1500 results, it would crash every time. When he searched for the game he wanted by name, "CSR Racing", he got 15 results and could download and install it no problem. I have a feeling the device is trying to render too many of the search results off-screen and runs out of memory.

IOS 6 Possible Reason for Y AppStore/iTunes Crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.