Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4s IOS6 WAP Connectivity Issue : Not Accepting Password Key (Australia, Sydney)

Hi Everyone,

I posted a similiar topic, but lost my thread for it.

I have numerous Iphone 4S's at my work and a few of them were upgraded to IO6. I work in IT so i thought i'd give it a test and couple of staff also upgraded to IOS6.

I have a Netgear WG102

Firmware: 5.03 is the latest

WEP Security

Network Authentication: OPEN

Broadcast SSID: Yes

Data Encryption 64bits WEP

Wireless Client Security Separation Disabled

Operating Mode: Auto - 8020.11g/802.11b

Data Rate Best

Output Power full

Country Australai

IP Address, Subnet, gateway and DNS addreses applied acdordingly

The FEW who have upgraded to IOS 6 are unable to connect to my WAP including myself.

I have tried Backup/Restore Iphone 4s

RESET Network Settings

Selected FORGET this network and attempted to reconnect, still doesnt accept the key

Tried to Manually select the WAP and manually apply the config details as opposed to automatically accepting details when it accepts the key

I have recreated the same ABOVE config profile on the WAP device, just a different key and no success.

i have also taken the Iphone4s of mine to the Australian, CBD, George St Apple store where they wiped the phone. We got the phone back to factory, connected it to "THEIR" WiFi. The answer i got from the Manager at the time was "If it works here, there's no fault with the phone"

I still have the majority of my staff using IOS5 which im not permitting them up upgrade for the above reason

I was suspecting FIRMWARE versions being different upon upgrading to IOS6

I found Modem Firmware: 04.12.02 or higher seemed to have no problems connecting to my WAP, if it was lower then the phones werent connectning.

Im reading on other posts people are suspecting DNS, Wireless Config setup.

I have created a SSID with NONE security to connect and still says Unable to Join the network

Tried WPA-PSK

Tried WPA2-PSK : AES Encryption

Tried WPA-PSK & WPA2-PSK with TKIP + AES Encryption

Added MAC Address of my Iphone to be TRUSTED

I enabled Super-G Mode for proprietary support of 820.11g

I can confirm the two Iphone 4S's i have problems with at the moment were "Problem FREE"

At this point the only thing i havent done it downgraded Firmware of the device

Message was edited by: Shannon.Roberts

iPhone 4S, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 9:47 PM

10 replies

Oct 2, 2012 7:02 PM in response to MattWiddowson

Hi Matt,

Im from Sydney Australia, that version i dont think is an option how the below is for me

WG102 Firmware Version 5.0.3 (All regions except North America)

The above is what i have, however the below is the next one down

WG102 Firmware Version 5.0.1 (All regions except North America)

How far of a FIRMWARE downgrade did you go for yours ?

Hoping i can try this with one pot shot instead of different firmware trials

Thanks

Oct 7, 2012 8:02 PM in response to MattWiddowson

Hi Everyone,

Please refer to my post below of how i resolved my connectivity issue

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4317427?start=585&tstart=0

In short: Netgear Prosafe WAP Wg102 : I had to downgrade firmware V5.03 to V5.01 and everything back to normal.

Netgear is aware of the connectivity issue with IOS6 and are in the process of writing a firmware for the device.

As a poster commented after my solution, these issues may not entirely be an APPLE fault, it could be firmware frmo your WiFi vendor which they sent to APPLE before they rolled out IOS6 which was buggy, hence having to "roll back" firmware.

Good Luck everyone

Iphone 4s IOS6 WAP Connectivity Issue : Not Accepting Password Key (Australia, Sydney)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.