Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

From my Apple TV have disappeared the Movies Icon!!!!!

I cant see the "Movies" icon on the mean menu of my apple TV (2012). this happened today (Oct/4/2012). I leave in Greece!

AppleTV 2

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 3:22 AM

39 replies

Oct 4, 2012 3:49 AM in response to tsiaf

I have the exact same problem, it worked fine a mere 40 minutes ago.

I watched a trailer, som MLBTV and then went back to the main menu. The Movie Icon is gone...

Tried to reboot, tried to put it back to Factory Settings, did a reboot on the TimeCapsule, a reboot on the Fiber Modem... nothing. Wifi works fine by the way.

Oct 4, 2012 4:18 AM in response to tsiaf

Same observation in France, opening the Apple TV (Apple TV 3 Updt the latest), today at 12:00 I have seen "Movies", but soon it was replaced by "TV series." "Movies" is nowhere

It seems to me that the preferences of the Apple TV / iTunes store, there is a new "Search Rentals", but for now it does not lead to anything: "No other location found".

Oct 4, 2012 7:42 AM in response to tsiaf

The same here in China. We are using a Swedish Apple TV account. The whole family is waiting for me to start up the evening movie, but nothing works. I can not even see the "movie" icon.

I have unplugged 2 times, made a factory reset, log in and out from iTunes on my computor, and restarted the Apple TV box 3 times.

Save my life Apple, by fix the problem, otherwise I'll get the boot from the family members :-)

May the Apple (force) be with you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.