Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an "X" on my battery Icon and when I click on it, it says No battery available

When I disconect my charger from my macbook pro it automatically switches off

It is version 10.7.5

Battery Information:

Charge Information:

Charge Remaining (mAh): 0

Fully Charged: No

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 0

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 0

Battery Installed: No

Amperage (mA): 0

Voltage (mV): 0

System Power Settings:

AC Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 180

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 60

Wake on AC Change: No

Wake on Clamshell Open: Yes

Wake on LAN: Yes

Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes

PrioritizeNetworkReachabilityOverSleep: 0

RestartAfterKernelPanic: 157680000

Battery Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 180

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 60

Wake on AC Change: No

Wake on Clamshell Open: Yes

Current Power Source: Yes

Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes

Reduce Brightness: Yes

RestartAfterKernelPanic: 157680000

Hardware Configuration:

UPS Installed: No

AC Charger Information:

Connected: No

Charging: No

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 2:58 AM

28 replies

Oct 7, 2012 5:05 AM in response to Musicandcarrots

Shut down the computer.

Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.

On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.

Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.

Press the power button to turn on the computer.

Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

Dec 22, 2012 10:10 AM in response to Musicandcarrots

I have the same problem.. X icon.. Battery indicator LEDs are not showing anything.. we might think battery is bad.. but while booting with AC adapter.. if I remove the plug.. it boots and work with battery fine.. but if I reconnect the AC adapter it goes to sleep mode or maybe just LCD shuts off.. I'm sure of it.. im suing mid 2009 version and I'm gettin a 3 1/2 hrs backup until yesterday.. I was replacing corsair RAM 8 GB one and for the battery connecter.. I use flat screw driver to lift it.. saw a tiny spark then.. thinking thats the cause of all this.. physically everything is fine.. except I need AC adapter to start the laptop.. I wonder if we'll get the exact reason of this anytime..

By the way tried everything.. SMC, NRAM.. those things etc.. nothing solves.. just learnt living with it..

Dec 22, 2012 10:13 AM in response to yasaswy

I have the same problem.. X icon.. Battery indicator LEDs are not showing anything.. we might think battery is bad.. but while booting with AC adapter.. if I remove the plug.. it boots and work with battery fine.. but if I reconnect the AC adapter it goes to sleep mode or maybe just LCD shuts off.. I'm sure of it.. im suing mid 2009 version and I'm gettin a 3 1/2 hrs backup until yesterday.. I was replacing corsair RAM 8 GB one and for the battery connecter.. I use flat screw driver to lift it.. saw a tiny spark then.. thinking thats the cause of all this.. physically everything is fine.. except I need AC adapter to start the laptop.. I wonder if we'll get the exact reason of this anytime..

By the way tried everything.. SMC, NRAM.. those things etc.. nothing solves.. just learnt living with it..

Sorry just reposting with my other ID so that i'll get notifications to my email..

Jan 26, 2013 12:41 PM in response to Musicandcarrots

I'm having the exact same problem.

My MacBook Pro is 8,2 and I'm running OS 10.8.2

A couple of days ago I first notices the X that shows that there is no battery. Strangely enough, the problem disappears and then it comes back again.

I have tried the SMC reset with no luck.

In one of those opportunities that the battery was back on line, I was able to use Coconut to check it. It said that the battery was at 90% of its total capacity and charged at 100%.

I did noticed that when this happened, Kernel task would go crazy and start using CPU at 300%. Some people say these two problems could be related. http://www.rdoxenham.com/?p=259

Any ideas ?

Mar 13, 2013 5:04 PM in response to Gonzalo38

OK..... after trying things like checking permits, reseting PRAM, checking the HD, etc, I decided to open my MBP and do some cleaning just in case this could be the cause. My MBP temperature has never been high so I didn't think this was going to do a difference.

At first sight, the inside of the MBP didn't look too dirty but when it was time to dust the fans, a lot of junk came out. Took out the memories and also dusted all the contactors.

Closed everything, started the MBP and guess what.... my battery is back and the Kernel is working fine. I even notice now that my memory is not leaking as fast as before. Hopefully the dust was the cause and that the fix will last.

I have an "X" on my battery Icon and when I click on it, it says No battery available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.