Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I create a double sided business card?

I've used Pages to create my card I've used it without any issues in the past but want to make it double sided. I realize I can make a separate sheet but once I've printed it things don't line up.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 6:08 PM

"...since it won't let me do a second page for the same project."

For any of the Business Card templates, you have an 'Add Page" button in the toolbar:

User uploaded file

Here I've chosen to add a second page identical to the first, then delete all of the elements in the card(s) (Done so far in the First card on the page), leaving the guidelines showing. I can then add text or images to this side of the card, then copy those objects and paste them into each of the other spaces.

Another way to add a (duplicate) page is to select the page thumbnail in the sidebar. When the yellow Section border appears, press command-D to Duplicate the page.

User uploaded file

Edit the second page as above.

Regards,

Barry

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2012 6:08 PM in response to Fitmommy

"...since it won't let me do a second page for the same project."

For any of the Business Card templates, you have an 'Add Page" button in the toolbar:

User uploaded file

Here I've chosen to add a second page identical to the first, then delete all of the elements in the card(s) (Done so far in the First card on the page), leaving the guidelines showing. I can then add text or images to this side of the card, then copy those objects and paste them into each of the other spaces.

Another way to add a (duplicate) page is to select the page thumbnail in the sidebar. When the yellow Section border appears, press command-D to Duplicate the page.

User uploaded file

Edit the second page as above.

Regards,

Barry

Aug 6, 2016 11:25 AM in response to Patrick D Sullivan

Hi Patrick,

The images above are from Pages '09.

In Pages v3 (current version) there are six Business Card templates. I've checked only the first ("Classic Business Card") which offers the layout below:

User uploaded file

The only guides included on the template are the short grey 'cutting guides' at the edges of the page (the ones on the right edge look shorter, as I had the window set too narrow to show the full page width).

The yellow layout guides are the current version of the blue ones seen in the Pages '09 versions above. They are not on the template by default. To put them there, first go View > Show Rulers.

With the the Rulers shown, you can place the mouse pointer on the vertical ruler, click and drag a vertical guideline onto the page, and dro it onto one of the cutting guides. Repeat for the other two.

Then drag the horizontal guides down from the horizontal ruler in the same manner.

The cutting guides will print, the layout guides will not print.

Regards,

Barry

Oct 10, 2012 8:08 AM in response to fruhulda

Yes it's when I print. I've had to create it as 2 separate business cards, print one side then flip it over, line it back up and print again. But not all the sheets are printing correct on the 2nd side The print moves to the very top of the sheet. Plus I have a printer that has double sided printing capability and would save alot of work if I didn't have to flip it myself (I realize how lazy this sounds but thought it would help with the problem).

Aug 6, 2016 6:38 PM in response to Fitmommy

You will have trouble lining up print on two sides, the paper handling on domestic printers is not very accurate.

The best you can do is allow plenty off room for error in your design and start with your design being smack bang in the middle top and bottom on both sides. Print with the printer guides as closed up on the paper without obstructing it as you can get. It will still move and won't align up perfectly but be a close as you can get.

Peter

Aug 7, 2016 3:25 AM in response to Patrick D Sullivan

Hi Patrick,

I only have lines on the edges of my page that are rather short

In Pages 5, the "Classic Business Card" template is a complex document. Here is some detective work to show what is going on "behind the curtain"...

That template has some Locked objects behind the Text Boxes. It took me some time to click around, and then shift-click around to see the little x marks denoting Locked objects:

User uploaded file

With those Locked objects selected, Menu > Arrange > Unlock

User uploaded file

Press the delete key and then shift-click on some of those lines

User uploaded file

The "Cutting Guides" are simply the ends of a grid of Locked lines between the business cards, partly hidden by a white Rectangle Shape. Neat!

Regards,

Ian.

How do I create a double sided business card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.