Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Not Loading READ HERE!! DO NOT RESTORE YOUR DEVICE!!

Ok Applecare Senior Advisor Tad just confirmed with me that the problem people are having with the App Store not loading is an apple issue with there servers, ITS NOT YOUR IPAD so don't go restoring it! It's not happening to everyone however but they are looking into it, its really hit or miss. He said it should only be a 24 hour or so problem then everything should be up and running again. i have two new ipads and 2 iphone 4's and everythng works fine but my ipad (figures). They are actually going to be calling me tomorrow to follow up on the issue. I will let everyone know if I hear more!

<Edited By Host>

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ), iOS 6

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 2:52 PM

65 replies

Oct 13, 2012 5:54 AM in response to SteveAntonellis

And just so everyone knows this started for me late last night. I shut my device off this morning hoping it would be working this morning, but not luck obviously. So I kept researching all the forums, googling, and searching on twitter for solutions or possible solutions. I tried everything, hard reset, changing date, signing in/out, you name it I did it EXCEPT for a restoration. Now the first woman I spoke to from applecare this morning walked me through all these steps (even though I had already tried them). She told me to do a restore and start as a new device. Well before I had even spoken with her I read several places that people had already tried doing the restores and it didn't work so I wasn't going to listen to her and I didn't do it. So I called back applecare and finally got transfered to Tad and (sorry in advance Tad!!) I basically lied to him and told him that I DID DO a restore even though I had in fact didn't. So that's when he put me on hold and basically spilled his guts that it was the apple servers. So i asked if I had to restore my device again or anything and he said no and that it would take about 24 hours or so for the problem to be fixed and then he procedded to take down my number and said he would call me tomorrow to find out how I my device was doing. So keep posting to the forums folks!! They are listening, he said he had started to see a number of complaints coming in on this topic. And by the way this is my first time posting in the Apple forums, I hope I at least helped some of you out!!!

<Edited By Host>

Oct 12, 2012 4:17 PM in response to SteveAntonellis

Oh my goodness!!! I'm very torn on this! I just recently (last week) bought the new iPad 64Gb 3G wifi verizon with ios6. I had the ipad2 same specs which I gave to my husband. I have had countless problems with the new iPad and never had ANY issues with ipad2!!! The blank App Store issue was the icing on the cake for me! Featured, charts and search are all blank!!! Only purchased loads. I'm close to flinging the ipad across the room! I've tried every single suggestion listed on every forum known to man to no avail! I'm torn because I never had an issue with 2 now here I am with the new one less than 1 week and I've had countless problems!!! So should I not fling it???? I'm avoiding contacting apple because I have little to NO tolerance for stupidity and bulls---. Should I trust that tomorrow ill wake up to an App Store OR am I returning this nonsense and going back to the trusty ipad2?? I'm inclined to say its an issue with the new iPad just because well 2 works as does my iPhone all on ios6!!! Uggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Oct 12, 2012 6:53 PM in response to SteveAntonellis

I'm so glad the idiots at apple decided that their consumers are not good enough to be informed. I am not about to do a restore on a product I just bought. I have been playing with these settings for the past two hours, and I could not find one intelligent fix, besides the restore. Which usually should only be used when the entire OS is jacked up. PUT A FREAKEN UPDATE ON YOUR SITE!!! I knew this had to be an application error or a server error, (I'm in IT btw) so I waited before doing a restore. Next time keep the people informed, idiots. I am really ****** right now.

App Store Not Loading READ HERE!! DO NOT RESTORE YOUR DEVICE!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.