Previous 1 2 3 Next 30 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2015 2:13 AM by 2manmoshpit Branched to a new discussion.
GagamusPrime Level 1 (0 points)

My iPhone reading list and bookmarks have vanished. I know there is no way I could have deleted them myself. Yet everything else on my iPhone is there: apps, photos, everything else that is backed up to iCloud. Is there an isolated iCloud issue/outage going on? Should I try restoring from my last iPhone backup? I have no idea what is going on. I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6
  • Ocean20 Level 6 (13,570 points)

When you say the reading list /bookmarks are gone I assume you mean from Safari.  IF so I had that happen.  Try closing safari and then have a look to see if they are back.  with safari opne on the screen tap the home button once then tap home button twice and then hold the safari app icon in the multitasking area until it wiggles and then tap on the minus sign top left of the safari icon.  this will close it

• GagamusPrime Level 1 (0 points)

Please don't take this the wrong way but I could kiss you on the mouth right now. This worked. I was absolutely freaking out and going haywire and everything is back! It's all there! What a relief. What a huge, epic relief! Thank you so so much. You have made my week. Again, thank you SO MUCH!

Like I said this thing happened to me too on my ipad.  I freaked out too.  It must be an icloud syncing issue and by shutting it down it makes safari sync again to the cloud thingy.  Glad I could help but kissing is not necessary

• GagamusPrime Level 1 (0 points)

So going forward, do you just periodically close the browser on your iPad and re-open it? Or is there a specific setting that I need to fiddle with to make sure this doesn't happen again?

It happened once or twice and hasn't happened since.  Sometimes when an iphone screws up, like any computer, things need to be turned off and back on.  What I do with my phone sometimes is reboot the phone by doing the following.  That resets everything and is handy to know.

Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the home button together until the apple logo appears then let both buttons go and wait for the phone to restart.

• dramartin Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you so much. My bookmarks and reading list also just suddenly disappeared and I took the advice of Ocean20 & GagamusPrime and it worked like a charm. Thanks again!

• kestrien Level 1 (0 points)

Happened to me last night for absolutely no reason - I had already upgraded to IO6 & dealt with that screwing up my bookmarks but I did NOTHING last night.

But as soon as I closed out of the three open windows I had, they came back immediately.

Freaking iphone, why must thou mess with me so.

• stoopidglowstixx Level 1 (0 points)

Same thing happened with me last night! Freaking iCloud. I totally freaked! Thankfully, Ocean20's advice worked!

• Senthilfromnj Level 1 (0 points)

Cool worked do me too...

• wa1oui Level 1 (5 points)

Mine disappear and return on their own. Will try this hint the next time it happens. THANKS!

• Sharmaggie Level 1 (0 points)

Well, you might still have chances to recover the deleted iPhone bookmarks. Not from iPhone or iTunes, just from your Mac machine. It just depends on when your deletion happens, before or after your most recent sync? If this happened after that, then probably you could rely on this data recovery program to get the lost bookmarks back. Regards

• Debrtino Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you!  Just happened to me after the iOS 6.1.3 update and I, too, freaked out!  So glad they're back... so much info to lose!  Thanks again, so very much appreciated!! :)

• evenmax Level 1 (0 points)

Hooray. Thank you so much. This worked perfectly for me.

• LieboOSBA Level 1 (0 points)

This happened to me on my iPad. I've reported it via Apples feedback form, hopefully they may fix it if other people can report it too.  I think the URL is apple.com/feedback

Previous 1 2 3 Next