Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 sending international SMS by its own!

I'm using Apple iPhone 4 having updated iOS 6 but for few days I'm facing problem of my balance money deduction. When I talked my service provider here in India i.e Idea Cellular, they told me that I'm sending international SMS to United Kingdom. But it's not true I'm not sending any international SMS to UK. Earlier I was not sure whether my phone is sending sms or my sim is sending but when I replaced my sim with another one the problem remained the same so I got confirmed that its a phone problem. Please resolve my problem as one international SMS is send every half an hour and it costs me Rs.5 each SMS.

Thanks

iPhone 4, Other OS, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 6:21 AM

35 replies

Jan 4, 2017 6:01 AM in response to NIkhilj23

If you have actually signed out, and not just turned off Facetime and iMessage, the texts will stop. There will be a couple after you sign out as the fact that you have signed out is sent to the server, but they will then stop.

The better solution is to get a SIM from a supported carrier. You can choose one here: http://www.apple.com/choose-your-country/

Jan 3, 2017 12:30 PM in response to NIkhilj23

NIkhilj23 wrote:

Sir my iphone is sending message on its own to some international no and reliance customer said that it's iphone fault , I have turn off my i message and face time then too it's cutting down my balance 5 rs after every hour ! I am totally ****** up plz help

This happens because you are using your iPhone with an unsupported carrier. Supported carriers do not charge for the Facetime and iMessage activation SMS messages. So you can't use either without incurring charges for these messages to the UK. To stop them:

• Go to Settings/Facetime. Turn it on. Tap on your Apple ID. Sign out.
  • Go to Settings/iMessage. Turn it on. Tap Send & Receive. Tap on your Apple ID. Sign out.

Jul 6, 2017 7:14 AM in response to NJI2017

It is not sufficient to turn FaceTime off. You must log out from FaceTime and from iMessage.

For FaceTime, turn it ON. You will see your Apple ID. Tap on your Apple ID and log out.

For iMessage, go to Settings/Messages and turn ON iMessage. Scroll down if necessary and tap Send & Receive. Uncheck your Apple ID if it is checked. Tap on your Apple ID at the top and log out.

After doing these steps there will be a couple of additional international SMS messages sent to notify the servers that you have logged out, but they should stop after that.

Oct 21, 2012 3:16 PM in response to Motox112

Ok as the things are going fine till this time. Now I want to claim my money deducted from my phone. Apple is a big and renowned company and its shocking how can they do this. FaceTime is charging without knowing to user. It's horrible glitch in iOS and I want compensation. Last three months were undoubtly horrible for me. Please do tell me the procedure to sue Apple in India.

Thanks!

Oct 31, 2012 11:34 AM in response to electronicsguy

Yeah by that time iPhone 20 might be released.... 🙂

Incidentally this is a bit of news to me.. Do we need to get Facetime activated on iPhone ? On my iPad2 , I simply put in my apple id and password and voila I was good to go . I understand that on iPhone , the phone number gets significance.

Does it work on Airtel / Vodafone ? I don't plan to use it though becuase of the high 3G charges and lack of customers on this...

iPhone 4 sending international SMS by its own!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.