Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import Media & Export

When I finish filming I take my sd card out of my camera and plug it in to my computer. It always used to be that when it was done importing i would unplug the sd card. Now, whenever its done importing and I take it out, all the media turns red and says it needs a camera, and when I click on share to share to youtube or facebook or just export the media, everything is unable to click on. So I cannot post my projects to Youtube or Facebook, please help me! I need to have the help asap thank you!

Final Cut Pro X, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 4:53 PM

24 replies

Nov 1, 2012 6:29 PM in response to Inivincible

Same thing. Your media is still on the SD card, not in the FCP Events folder! Dangerous stuff!

Always, and always copy to Events folder...! (unless you are on a SAN or something, and know what you are doing..)

Edit: You cab choose Reveal in Finder to see it. It should show you an Alias file in the Event folder!

Use the File: Organice Event files... command to gather the files in the Event folder.

Nov 7, 2012 7:09 PM in response to Inivincible

It is actually a good program but it is busted and slow as a frozen slug. I even ditched the imported video and used previous video to reexport as a new movie and nothing changed. So there is truly a bust in the system and no one is GURU enough to get what we are talking about. I have been a MAC user since the mid 80's and Have been a fan of FCP for a very long time. I even was excited about the change and it is better than before but there is for sure something going on with the program. I used new video too imported and optimized and still got slow output. Things have been fine until the update. Today is the first video I have processed since the update. I even put video in a file and imported it from the desktop from the folder as it was from my camera. Like I have been doing for the past few years. My video should have been done long ago. NOT.

But once the fix is found I guarantee you will like the program. It is outstanding. For sure you should get used to using it and making your video from it. I am all for the new changes but it did do something. Maybe it is an issue with laptops but not desk tops. Who the heck knows.

Import Media & Export

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.