Previous 1 2 Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2012 11:13 AM by scd1964
Perry Gershon Level 1 (55 points)

Imei number not in verizon database.  Any ideas

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, i7 16mb
  • dtsteele Level 1 (0 points)

I don't understand your question here and didn't realize that the cellular version had been released yet. What gives?

• Perry Gershon Level 1 (55 points)

iPad mini arrived today.  Verizon does not have serial imei number in its database, so I cannot activate/

• KodiacH Level 1 (0 points)

I just got my ipad mini and it won't activate neither.  Spent 40 mins with them and they can't figure out the problem.

• MindMeddler Level 1 (0 points)

Same here after just receiving ipad mini. Won't activate cellular. Will try a full restore before going to the verizon/apple store.

I'm at the apple store after spending an hour with Verizon. Looks like it's an Apple problem. The MEID is not in Verizon database. Resetting doesn't work.

Let me know if you fixed the problem and how to fix the problem. Can't Verizon simply add the MEID into their database?

Apple says they can't support the mini until it's officially released but the official release date is not confirm. It's either a problem with bad MEID or Verizon hasn't added the new MEID to their database. Either way, we won't find out until they officially release the product.

It works now! Was fiddling with the onboard manual when a message spontaneously popped up asking me whether I wanted to activate cellular networks. I clicked yes and so on and now everything's good.

• Roger Powers Level 1 (0 points)

For my new iPad Mini, Verizon told me yesterday the service doesn't activate until today. Works fine today.

• kimchi101 Level 1 (10 points)

Wife's Verizon Mini not activating...even as of 11:15am EST.  After talking to 6 VZ reps, they are saying "it needs an LTE SIM card"...which is preposterous.  Someone dropped the ball on this big time--not sure if it's Verizon or Apple.  Anyone still having issues?

Mine is finally working.  Needed to reboot mini iPad

• kimchi101 Level 1 (10 points)

Just tried to no avail.  I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before the problem "solves itself".  Any others out there still having issues?

I did need to register online as an add on line to my existing account.  After midnight, Verizon finally took imei number and asked for Sim card.  Then I had to register for a new add-on phone number and go through credit approval again for the $10 a month.  Five hours later I received an email that credit approval was denied.  When I called, they had linked my account to some other phone numbers I never heard of, which they spent 15 mins straightening out with me on the phone.  10 mins later I received an email from verizon that they were complete and assigning me a new phone number for iPad (presumeably for text messages).  Verizonwireless.com showed my account with the iPad active,  iPad still was not showing LTE but when I did hard reset, after 5 mins it came up with LTE working.  Not sure all that process was necessary, but some of this may be helpful to others,

• SSeureka Level 1 (0 points)

I tried a reboot and reset Subscriber Services and mine still won't activate... Guess I just wait as I've had the same experience as above with Customer Service.

Previous 1 2 Next