Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect DELL S2340L monitor to MacBook Air 11"?

I already asked a question:

Which is the best way, to connect DELL S2340L monitor to MacBook Air 11"?

I get the answer, but somebody told me on another forum, that:

He said, that is not good, if i connect my MacBook air to my monitor with just totaly alongside HDMI... he said I have to break the cabel with a conversion of HDMI > DVI, because OS X will decide, that the monitor is not a monitor but a TV, and controlls the monitor not well or not as expected!! And he said, that I will get a horribe bad quality!!

So, he said I have to do a conversion miniDP to DVI and from that, a DVI to HDMI cable.

Is there some truth in his opinion, or there is nothing?

Please help me, I don't want to suck with cables and with all the stuff...

Tanks!!

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 2:02 AM

3 replies

Aug 11, 2013 10:49 AM in response to horvathjanos

hey there, may i ask how is it going around the connect Dell S2340L to macbook air 11"?

i have something here is that, that might depend on the graphic card we r using, most likely if u r also have intel HD graphics 3000 384MB one(you can check it in "About this mac"), might have some issue, for me it's like this, tmr i will definetely go apple store and try @horvathjanos 's method, i found in serveal threads that this can be good solution.

Aug 12, 2013 7:08 AM in response to Alex_rr

@horvathjanos hey, thank you very much for your advice on this, after change "MDP male to HDMI male" cable for 2 times, finally go and change to your solution on "MDP to DVI adapter" connect "DVI adapter to HDMI male", finally works really well.

before this solution, i actually thought this would not have solution at all due to the macbook air 13" is using Intel graphics HD 3000 384MB, which may not be so well done in double desktop. but the dvi adapter works just great, hope these can solve some one else's problem.

Connect DELL S2340L monitor to MacBook Air 11"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.