Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPhone, what can I do?

I put my iPhone down on a counter in a public place, turned my back to put my hair down for about 3 seconds and it had been taken.
I was halfway through texting my boyfriend so it was unlocked, it has many photos of myself, my boyfriend and my whole life, aswell as iphone places on it

I do have a passcode, but it was not locked at the time, The network provider barred the sim AND the iphone but the fact is that they have access to my personal files. I have changed my passwords however there is also a few pictures to my boyfriend which aren't particularly what i'd want someone else looking at.

Please help, I desperately need to remote wipe it but

In the time it was unlocked, they'd just gone onto settings and turned off find my iPhone, and it isn't even coming up as one of my devices on the icloud anymore

Can they still access photos?
😟

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 2:15 AM

11 replies

Nov 25, 2012 2:29 AM in response to SarahJJ22

Fact is, Apple can't/won't help you locate your phone & neither will your carrier(without a court order). All a thief has to do is turn your phone off to defeat Find My Phone, then force the phone into recivery mode & restore it as a new device.

Change your passwords, report the loss to your Insurance company & police. You've already reported to your carrier & they've blacklisted it. That makes it nothing more than a iPod touch in your country.

Nov 25, 2012 2:39 AM in response to SarahJJ22

I'm only 16 and don't really look that old either, so i'm worried about all of my photos being used on some child molester site or something like that and i'm getting serious paranoia

I was wondering if there's any way apple can wipe the iphone? Becuase in a space of 10 minutes they managed to

- Deactivate find my iPhone

- turn off location settings

- Delete my apple ID from the iphone entirely??? (not sure how)
- and then go through my messages and facebook (I went on my facebook to change password and it said there was already an active device

It's not so much materially i'm bothered it's the fact that a person has been going through all of my information, it makes me feel physically sick

Stolen iPhone, what can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.