Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to verify update iOS 6.0.1

iPad says Software update available.

iOS 6.0.1

But when I try to 'Install now' I receive the following error:

Unable to verify update

iOS 6.0.1 failed verification becuae you are no longer connected to the Internet

I am in fact connected. So whats the problem?

iPad 2, iOS 6, unable to verify update iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 5:50 AM

21 replies

Jan 29, 2013 4:22 AM in response to simonseddon

Yes, you can update through iTunes but that is not the question.

Where do you think the problem is then "no internet connection".

BECAUSE Wi-Fi is OFF, got it now and it needs verification from the APPLE SERVER! (Hint: Wi-Fi again.)

Just update mine directly, no finger crossed or praying needed. Less than 15 minutes.

Jan 29, 2013 4:28 AM in response to ckuan

I'll say it again: Read the original post. I am in fact connected.

I've had this issue and was connected to my home Wi-Fi. I questioned the connectivity so went to the App Store, emails, Safari and it was fine. So this is a bug.

I was plugged in to a power source, connected to Wi-Fi, even restarted my iPad.. and the problem didn't go away.

So I tried performing the update via. iTunes and it worked. Voilà! Problem: resolved

What do you have to say about that? lol

Jan 29, 2013 4:35 AM in response to ckuan

Hint: You're wrong. You don't need to be connected to wi-fi to get verification from Apple's server. It's a low-overhead data exchange and can be performed using your mobile data. If you've ever downloaded an App on-the-go you'll know you're wrong. You do however need to be on Wi-Fi to perform larger downloads (not verification..) - but again, Apple give you a specific notice about this - not the verification error. Plus, myself and I'm sure the original poster were connected to Wi-Fi.

Jan 29, 2013 5:49 AM in response to betadaz

You should get a notification when you plug your device in via. USB and open iTunes that a new iOS is available. Note that if you have a pin lock you'll need to unlock the device so iTunes can read it. Choose to 'Download and Install'.

If for whatever reason you don't get the notification, open up your iPad window (new iTunes has a button on the top right for connected devices - old iTunes has it listed on the left menu) and click 'Check for Update'.

unable to verify update iOS 6.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.