Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Library Doesn't Show Imported Music

Hey there,

I've got a really strange problem with my iTunes that just started. When I import music (whether I drag it in, import it, etc), the music doesn't show up in my iTunes library. I've uploaded a screenshot here. You can see that I've imported the Cat Stevens album, but when I did, iTunes can't see it. But in the iTunes Library folder, you can see that it is in fact there. iTunes says there is only 1 album, however, the iTunes Library folder says there are 2.

User uploaded file

Has anyone else ever seen this issue before? Or are you able to perhaps give me a hand figuring it out? I'd sure appreciate it.

Running the latest version of OSX (10.8.2)

Thanks everyone!!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 8:52 AM

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4503347 - delay of several hours (for some people overnight) for new additions to iTunes to appear in the main library window as a result of using iTunes Match. See if items are in the "Recently Added" playlist. One person said they were able to get them to immediately appear in the library by dragging items in this playlist to the main library list.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2012 8:52 AM in response to an(dre)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4503347 - delay of several hours (for some people overnight) for new additions to iTunes to appear in the main library window as a result of using iTunes Match. See if items are in the "Recently Added" playlist. One person said they were able to get them to immediately appear in the library by dragging items in this playlist to the main library list.

Nov 26, 2012 9:10 AM in response to an(dre)

How much stuff have you added in the last 2 weeks? If only those last songs it may be that whatever is causing iTunes and Match to cause this delay is also affecting the playlist population since you created the playlist after adding the items.

You can try turning off Match, see if the items appear, and then turning it on again.

iTunes Library Doesn't Show Imported Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.