Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change the apple store from one location to another location

i have an account in hong kong store and an account in canada. i have applications purchased in hong kong store but can not update in the canadian store. i logged into my hong kong account but it seemed still linked into canadian store. how can i switch to hong kong store truely?

why apple is creating such country regional issues for the customers?...

please help...

cwong668

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:01 AM

20 replies

Nov 28, 2012 11:06 AM in response to cywong668

My understanding is that you cannot use your App store/ iTunes account, even though it is a legitimate account in a specific country, unless you are presently in that country. In other words, you can't use your Hong Kong account if you are in Canada, and you can't use your Canadian account unless you are in Canada. I don't have any "official" information as to why this is so, but my assumption is that is has to do with security/fraud/identity theft. I don't think Apple is trying to make it difficult for their cunstomers in this case, but rather, they are trying to protect us -- and themselves.

Wuz

Nov 28, 2012 12:56 PM in response to seventy one

i purchased the apps long time and i assumed i already had the licensing of the apps ... i am talking on the update why i can not do an update and linked the update to the hong kong store...

i can switched to my hong kong account and have all the items displayed the price in hong kong dollars and purchase in the hong kong store in canada...

why i can not do an update in the hong kong store?....

any help and comment....

cheers,

cwong668

Nov 28, 2012 3:23 PM in response to HACKINT0SH

hackintosh, what fine print are you referring to? ... when i purchased the apps it never told me that you can only update with the hong kong store...

i purchased apps from microsoft, adobe, norton, etc ... i can always update in the globe ... i can update in us, canada, china, etc ... and never have the issue that you can only update in hong kong only...

why i purchased apps from apple that i have to face this update issue and it never advise you that you can only update in hong kong when you download/purchase the apps?...

how can i know the updating issue if apple never advise customers that you will have update issue in purchasing this apps?...

apple is not treating their customers in a fair way...

cheers,

Nov 29, 2012 3:58 PM in response to cywong668

hackintosh,

i sent in the form you provided yesterday but i never received the acknowledgement email which i supposed to receive ... i checked all inbox including the spam inbox ... no acknowledgement email at all...

i submited my second request today, 5 minutes ago ... i am still waiting to see if i will receive the acknowledgement email...

cheers,

Nov 30, 2012 5:21 AM in response to cywong668

The issue is that you have created two different Apple IDs and opened two iTunes/Mac App Store accounts. You can use you Hong Kong account only as long as you still have a HK bank card and a HK billing address for the HK bank card. If you still meet those qualifications, you should be able to sign into the HK account and update previous purchases, as well as make new purchases from anywhere in the world.

The same should hold true for the Canadian account.

What would have been better, was that you change the country in your HK account to Canada and not open the additional Apple ID and separate Canadian iTunes/Mac App Store account.

User uploaded file

Nov 30, 2012 11:39 AM in response to Dah•veed

dah,

i have two apple id and two apple itune store accounts - one in hong kong (HK billing address for the HK bank card) and one in canada (canadian billing address for the canadian bank card) ... i can log into both accounts and surf the product list with canadian pricing in canadian store and hong kong pricing in hong kong store ... every things look ok and normal...

i tried to perform an update with hong kong purchased/downloaded apps in the hong kong store logged in ... when i hit the update button either in ipad or iphone it will pop up with my canadian apple id & ask for my canadian password ... it will not pop up with my hong kong apple id (even i am logged into the hong kong store) and ask for my hong kong password...

it seems to me i am logged into hong kong store but some how my link is still with the canadian store ... how can i break that canadian apple store link? ... so it will pop up with my hong kong apple id and ask for my hong kong password....

any help...

cheers,

Nov 30, 2012 11:46 AM in response to HACKINT0SH

hackintosh,

i have sent in your provided form twice now ... i have never received ONE acknowledgement email which i supposed to receive two (2) ... i checked all inbox including the spam inbox ... no acknowledgement email at all ... APPLE said you will receive the acknowledgement email within 15 minutes...

i DO NOT know how many 15 minutes i have waited within almost two (2) days now...

it is also more than 8 hours for now ... how many 8 hours i have waited within almost two 920 days now...

do you think apple is treating their customers fairly?...

is APPLE keeping their promise to customers? ... DO NOT say it if you can not do it ... change your wordings asap ... PLEASE ... PLEASE...

cheers,

Nov 30, 2012 12:11 PM in response to Dah•veed

Dah•veed,

i go to the setting for itunes & app store ... hit the apple id & log out...

you logged into app store using hong kong apple store id & password ... it poped up an message saying this apple id can only do purchases in itunes hong kong store...

you get out of the setting...

go on to itune and you will see all the listing with hong kong listing ... pricing in hong kong dollar ... you will also see your hong kong store apple id...

you can go on to app store for update and all the listing with hong kong listing and pricing in hong kong dollar...

you hit the update button and hong kong purchased/downloaded apps on the update list ... you hit update all ... apple id password with canadian apple id & asking for canadian password ... it is not with hong kong apple id and asking for hong kong password...

is there any mistake in my apple account switching process? ... how can i truely switched to hong kong store?...

thanks,

how to change the apple store from one location to another location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.