Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists lose sort order when burning to CD

I have several MP3 tracks I need to burn to MP3 CD, and they need to appear in order. I've tagged the MP3 files using XLD (track name/number, etc). I followed the Apple Support Guidelines for burning playlists with a particular sort order. I've tried all 3 methods, including manually dragging the files into the correct order and right-clicking/choosing "Copy to Play Order". The playlist appears in the correct order, however when I go ahead and burn the CD, the contents of the disc appear out of iTunes, regardless of what I do. I've looked all over Google and found people with similar issues to mine but, as of yet, no workable solution.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.6GHz C2D 6GB GeForce 8600MT 512MB

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:22 PM

1 reply

Dec 3, 2012 3:42 PM in response to TeamHCN

Has anyone been able to solve this maddening problem? I can't understand why iTunes doesn't sort the disc in alphabetical ascending order. The MP3 files are all tagged sequentially, starting with track number – so why does track 5 appear first in the playlist order? My only other alternative to burning with iTunes is to use Toast, which produces MP3 CDs that don't mount in iTunes. A quick search of the forums proves I'm not the only person having these problems.

Playlists lose sort order when burning to CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.