Skip navigation

new purchases not showing up in iTunes 11

12278 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2014 11:07 AM by Macbook Pro 15 RSS
1 2 Previous Next
Jose Lemus Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 29, 2012 9:00 PM

I made a number of store purchases after upgrading to iTunes 11 and they don't show up in my song lists at all.  My account has been charged, but I can't seem to find the music anywhere.

The songs appear to be downloaded, but they don't actually show up anywhere (not even in the iTunes Music directory).

Is anyone else having the same issues?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 10GB ram, 256GB SSD
  • Limnos Level 8 Level 8 (36,585 points)
    Nov 29, 2012 9:03 PM (in response to Jose Lemus)

This was an issue with iTunes 10.7 and maybe it's still there in 11.  Do you use iTunes Match?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4543259 - delay of several hours (for some people overnight) for new additions to iTunes to appear in the main library window as a result of using iTunes Match.  Things to try:

1) Turn off Match, see if the items appear, then turn Match on again.

2) Drag the items from the Recently Added playlist to the library.

3) Wait until they do appear.

• rwshaver Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
    Dec 4, 2012 6:55 AM (in response to Jose Lemus)

This just happened to me as well when I upgraded to version 11. it has never happened before in iTunes. Limnos your solution worked for me as well. Thank you!

• Nijntje Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
    Dec 4, 2012 7:44 AM (in response to rwshaver)

Same for me. Have never experienced this before. Now, iTunes 11, all seems screwed up.

• RADumas Level 2 Level 2 (295 points)
    Dec 4, 2012 9:11 AM (in response to Jose Lemus)

there are two threads reporting the same issue in the iTunes Store discussion.

My workaround was to buy music, watch it being downloaded and then disappearing, then:

- use iOS device, navigate to where the new music should be

- From there,  you can download from iCloud onto the iOS device

- Sync with your iTunes on your computer

A roundabout, but reliable, way.

• MartenF Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Dec 4, 2012 3:04 PM (in response to Jose Lemus)

Since upgrading to iTunes 11, I have found the same thing. New purchases appear to download but cannot be found. I purchased a movie that was 5 GB and had to download it again.

My work around (which is not a good solution) was to go to the iTunes store, select purchses and look at recent purchases and then download them (again).

Also, I am finding that some purchased music appears as "waiting" in the icloud status and never seem to change to "purchased".

I will have to try turning off iTunes Match tonight and see if that does resolve it.

This has not occurred on my other computer and all purchases appear as available for download.

Dec 4, 2012 3:06 PM (in response to MartenF)

I found that following the suggestion to turn off itunes match works. Downloads appear as you would expect them to. You can turn Match back on after, if you need it.

Dec 5, 2012 2:48 AM (in response to Jose Lemus)

Agreed. There is no way to know if it's on a bug list. If enough people report it through the iTunes feedback, maybe it will get noticed. I've done that, but the person responding didn't understand and sent links for how to locate the iTunes library.

• MartenF Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Dec 5, 2012 4:24 AM (in response to RADumas)

Yes. Agree that turning iTunes Match off does work but as has been stated, this is not a good solution. It really needs to be fixed straight away.

• TheAnimaster Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Dec 7, 2012 4:25 AM (in response to Jose Lemus)

Same here!! Only started in iTunes 11!!! I always purchased music in 6.xx and this NEVER happened. NEVER!! Where the **** is the music being stored anyways?? It all downloaded but now the download window's disappeared and only the few songs that appear in iTunes (I purchased a whole album!!) appear in the Finder location as well!! Permissions problem!?!? It's storing it SOMEWHERE just don't know where!!

More heads need to roll at Apple!!!

...and to think the same album could have been had for FREE at the PirateBay... in less time too!! This is NOT what you would expect when you PAY for music!

• TheAnimaster Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Dec 7, 2012 4:25 AM (in response to TheAnimaster)

... and to think I PAID for iTunes Match! ***? Seems if you pay for Apple's services you get burned. This smells like .MAC all over...

• Boscof16 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Jan 21, 2013 3:05 PM (in response to Jose Lemus)

Am not using iTunes Match and still having the problem (confirmed song purchase not showing up in library on Mac with iOS v10.7.5), any ideas?

1 2 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.