The answer is YES!
There are two main things you have to know:
1. What is the MAC address of the Apple TV that you own. Though pronounced the same as Mac, it refers to an industry standard of identinfying a specific device. It stands for Media Access Control.
2. Who is the provider that the hotel is using.
TO FIND THE MAC ADDRESS:
This can be done before you pack your Apple TV and leave your house.
1. Connect your Apple TV to the TV... turn both on... blah blah blah... Apple TV is displayed on the TV
2. Go to Settings > General > About
3. The MAC address is labeled as "Wi-Fi Address" in this situation (SEE PHOTO BELOW). It will be a set of 6 pairs of alphanumeric characters, each pair separated by a colon. For example... 00:11:22:cc:bb:aa (they'll look more random than this, but I didn't want to take a chance on posting someone's real MAC address)
4. Write down that address. This is NOT CASE SENSITIVE.
THE HOTEL'S SERVICE PROVIDER
The service provider's information will typicaly be right in the hotel room because there is no reason for hotel staff to have to troubleshoot this stuff for us.
1. Call the support number and follow their prompts to get to a support agent.
2. Say, "Hello! I have an Apple TV, and I understand I can connect to your service by registering the MAC address with your service."
3. They will ask you several questions to verify that you are staying at one of the hotels they service.
4. Follow their instructions for registering the MAC address
5. On your Apple TV, go to Settings > General > Network > Wi-Fi, and select the hotel's Wi-Fi.
6. Voila! CONNECTED and Ready to Go!!!
The below solution works if you have an imac or macbook pro (pretty sure it can be done with pc as well).
1. First connect your macbook pro/Imac to the hotels ethernet via ethernet cable. Go through the process required by the hotel to connect your computer to their network.
2. Open System preference>sharing>internet sharing
3. Change the "Share your connection from: " to Ethernet (This will allow you to use your wifi as an hotspot)
4. Check the checkbox option in "To Computer Using: " Wifi, then click on Wi-fi option at the bottom if you want to setup wifi security. In here you can also change your network name (make it short and simple as i've had issue connection to the network when my network name was made too long).
5. Then check the check box beside internet sharing and then click start.
At this point, your should see another icon that has replaced your wifi icon on the top right of your screen (it will look like the wifi icon, except with an arron inside of it).
Now setup your network on the apple tv to find the hotspot you just created. And you are all setup. Might have to restart your apple tv for changes to take effect.
You can also use your wifi to connect to the hotels network, but you will have to setup your appletv connection via ethernet port of your macbook pro/imac.
I'm sure it would work for Xbox just as well. However, I don't know how to find the MAC address in the Xbox. I tried on ours, and it seems to be hidden. It's not even on the label with the serial number (which is the common place to find it). When I do a little more digging, I'll let you what I find.
Then again, you probably already know how to do it by now. :-)