Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 receiving call via bluetooth problem

I can use the iPhone 5 to place call via bluetooth in my car (Toyota Prius). However, when receiving a call via bluetooth, after pressing "answer" button, the call is connected, but no neither I or the other party can hear each other via the car's bluetooth. There are a number of people having the same issue. The car's bluetooth system is fine with iPhone 4 or 4S.

See people's complaints here:

http://priuschat.com/threads/iphone-5-bluetooth-phone-problem.116668/

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 5:45 PM

24 replies

Dec 18, 2012 2:16 PM in response to katsy9

I found a fix for when you are in your car and you receive a call. answer with the handset then tell caller to hold on sec and transfer the call to the vehicle and then the call can be heard on both ends thru the handsfree feature. This is actually super easy for a little while as Apple works on the Fix. I've tested this today for over 200 phone calls to myself from my home phone to my cell. This is the only way to get this to work, I tested also after receiving a call answering thru the cars feature first, nothing. On that same call i transfered to handset then back to vehicle and the call could be heard, but that takes to long and the caller might hangup. So the easiest way is answer on the handset then press in the vehicle touchscrene transfer to vehicle. ans sure enough call is heard on both sides.

Wish you all luck and hope this is fixed ASAP.

Jan 10, 2013 5:32 PM in response to katsy9

After speaking with Apple support they provided me with a fix the resolved my issues. The following step should fix the issue of not receiving calls over you cars Bluetooth system pm the iPhone 5 using 6.02.

Goto settings -> General -> Accessability -> Physical & Motor -> Incoming Calls and change it from default to handset

When in the car your phone will answer and send thru hand free out of the car handset.

If still does not work then contact apple care.

Good luck!

iPhone 5 receiving call via bluetooth problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.